New Kung Fu

10,000 Hit Combo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi guys.
I'm a new guy and I'm looking for chinese martial art practitioners to talk to and share ideas with. I've been taking choy lay fut for 2 years and I'm planning on moving to china next year.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! :)

Mike

OP
10,000 Hit Combo

10,000 Hit Combo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
There's a program at the Ye-He temple in the Song Shan mountains about seven hours north of beijing. I'm going to learn some mandarin before I go but they teach some language and caligraphy there. It's about $5500 USD (I'm from Canada) per year.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There's a program at the Ye-He temple in the Song Shan mountains about seven hours north of beijing. I'm going to learn some mandarin before I go but they teach some language and caligraphy there. It's about $5500 USD (I'm from Canada) per year.

Thanks for the info..the BEST of luck to you..I hope you post about your experiences there upon your return OR while you're there...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Thanks for the info..the BEST of luck to you..I hope you post about your experiences there upon your return OR while you're there...

I wanted to say that Drac....

Good luck to you and bring a warm coat, it is COLD there in the winter. North of my in-laws and south of my Sanda Sifu’s hometown.

Per my Sanda Sifu the average winter temperature is around 20 below where he is from but in Beijing it is much like winter in the northeast of the US, just less snow.

And it is a VERY good idea to learn as much Mandarin as you can before you go. But there is no better way to learn Chinese than actually living there.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, sounds like an awesome trip.

Latest Discussions