What would you do it you were me

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oooh...I was thinking heat-resistant zip ties (I don't have any leather scraps handy) but I like that idea even better! Thank you for the excellent idea! :asian:

I feel the need to mention that i love and adore bushcraft. I REALLY need to make the time to get out there and do some stuff. Its been quite a while.

Im curious to know how many people on MT would figure me for a camping enthusiast. :D

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm a bit of a late bloomer. I didn't start hiking until I was 40. However, last weekend I became a Trail Steward on Mt. Monadnock, and this weekend I'm planning my first overnight backpacking trip ever. I'm looking forward to it!

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm a bit of a late bloomer. I didn't start hiking until I was 40. However, last weekend I became a Trail Steward on Mt. Monadnock, and this weekend I'm planning my first overnight backpacking trip ever. I'm looking forward to it!

Hooray! Eat garlic. Bugs hate it :)

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
should you not use leather for that? Plastic does melt in heat, you know! :)

(BTW, I am stealing those pictures! :))

I had to work with what I had.. . Zip ties were all I had at the time, I didn't think I was going to need to make a spoon on a stick before I got there.

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I would like to point out that the spoon was never in the fire, just needed the stick to get the spoon to the dutch oven, and it was too hot in the pit for me to reach with my arms. HOWEVER, I like the suggestions of wedging the spoon, and I may end up adding some leather strips to my pack. They could come in mighty handy!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I had to work with what I had.. . Zip ties were all I had at the time, I didn't think I was going to need to make a spoon on a stick before I got there.

I just like to pick on you! :)

The camp fire pit is impressive.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

It would have been what I had as well. I carry zip ties with me because they are cheaper (and lighter, and more versatile) than a strap repair kit for my ASR snowshoes. But now you have me thinking that heat resistant zip ties are the way to go :D

Latest Discussions