What Style

What CMA do you take ( mulitiple Choices are allowed)

• Praying Mantis ( Northern & Southern )

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • Wing Chun

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • Eagle Claw

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Hung Gar

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Monkey

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Choy Li Fut

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • Tai Chi Chuan

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Pa Kwa

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • White Crane

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Other ( please list what style in your post )

Votes: 24 27.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
I

Isrephael

I would think that, with a name like "Pakua", you'd be the first to acknowledge the martial applications of internal arts.

OP
S

Silo-Fu Kung-Fu

Hey everyone.

I study and teach Chen style tai-chi and Mah family style Kung-Fu
(and no i dont mean "My" :) )

its been 17 years in Martial arts so far (7 for the tai-chi and 8 for the kung-fu)

OP
S

shaolin1dragon

I study a style called Moh Pai. It's quite the conglomeration. Its a five animal- north-south combination> it has elements of wushu, wing chun, tia chi, bak mai, kenpo, hungar...Its a great mix of hard and soft, internal and external..

"Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shaolin1dragon said:
I study a style called Moh Pai. It's quite the conglomeration. Its a five animal- north-south combination> it has elements of wushu, wing chun, tia chi, bak mai, kenpo, hungar...Its a great mix of hard and soft, internal and external..

"Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."
Welcome to MT, please feel free to post or start new threads, and ask any questions you may have!

Also, please tell us more about your style, sounds interesting.

- MT Senior Mod -
7starmantis
Adam C

OP
I

Infrazael

Hung-Sing Choy Lay Fut. It is extremely fast with overwhelming and destructive hand techniques, incredibly fast foorwork, and a loose, relaxed and swinging pattern of attacking.

The best of the South and North blended.

Peace.

crysis

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
im not sure what shaolin would follow under as i have just started my training.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So tell us more about it. You must've gotten some literature from your teacher about what you're doing. Give us a bit...

OP
S

Spook

I teach Wing Chun Kung Fu and am currently taking Tai Chi Chuan and San Shou. I took WC for the practicality and effectiveness, I'm taking TCC to soften my WC, and i take San Shou because i love conditioning and competition.

crysis

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i just started this week. he doesnt speak english very well but from what ive understood, he teaches shaolin, pa ji, mantis, and tai chi (different styles for different days and classes)

OP
I

Imago Simia

I study and teach Chi Lu Chuan Kung Fu, an eight animal style with leapord, crane, dragon, tiger, snake, praying mantis, monkey and eagle. with for me an emphasis on Monkey. Also have done Tai Chi (Yang style), for a short period of time. And just started with White Willow kung fu, which is different for me.

I study CLCKF becuse I love it, and can push my self to the piont.(what ever point I or my teacher wishes to.) And the WWKF becuse it is different to me and It's based on humanistic qualitys.

Imago Simia

CrushingFist

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I don't practice any at the moment but I want to start training in either of these CMA.

Yangjia Michuan Taijiquan or maybe Chen Style (I am looking towards the most combat oriented Taiji style) but at the sametime looking for a teacher who knows both the health and fighting aspects :)

Latest Discussions