travel and kung fu

B

b silver

Does anyone know of a monastery where one can stay and learn/ practice kung fu. I've heard of retreats in Thailand where one can stay and learn to meditate but that's all. Any ideas would be useful. Thanks.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There are several throughout the United States and overseas. One of the most well known in the U.S. of course is the Wah Lum Temple in Florida. www.wahlum.com

7sm

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
b silver said:
Does anyone know of a monastery where one can stay and learn/ practice kung fu. I've heard of retreats in Thailand where one can stay and learn to meditate but that's all. Any ideas would be useful. Thanks.
Not without $$$$$$

7starmantis said:
There are several throughout the United States and overseas. One of the most well known in the U.S. of course is the Wah Lum Temple in Florida. www.wahlum.com

7sm
My current sifu was a former Wah Lum live in student. It cost him plenty of $$$ to go that route but the training he got said it was worth the cost at the time.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
clfsean said:
My current sifu was a former Wah Lum live in student. It cost him plenty of $$$ to go that route but the training he got said it was worth the cost at the time.
Yeah, my sigung lived and taught there for several years, I've never heard him talk about the money, but I'm sure it takes lots of it to live and train anywhere.

7sm

sungkit

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I am sure that there are places to live and study. Here in the Philippines, I have met guys from the USA and Europe who are studying chinese martial arts under the instruction of masters here. They are paying for a lot of training. It may not be a temple, but the quality of training is excellent.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There are live in training places in china as well such as here. There are several like this that you live at, learn kung fu and even languages as well. Pretty pricy, but some aren't too bad.

7sm

Latest Discussions