What nonfiction book are you currently reading?

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually read anything for ages. Anybody read Dan Brown's "Inferno"? Historically, I have read the Robert Langdon stories before the films.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Braunwalds Heart Disease

Not a book for the faint hearted...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
2 Non-fiction Books

The Way of Energy By Master Lam Kam Chuen

And you will all be running out to buy the next one, because you will all be soooooooo jealous

Official (ISC)2 Guide to the SSCP CBK, Second Edition ((ISC)2 Press) 2nd Edition by Harold F. Tipton

destructautomaton

Green Belt
Reaction score
Good reminder. I got an email a while back on the Roy Dean book. I definitely will pick that one up. My recent non fiction reads have been Hell bent by Benjamin Lorr about bikram yoga and Catchwrestling round two by mark s hewitt on the early days of catch.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Black Belt Recruiting

I have other books that are related to online/affiliate/MLM marketing. Then after that, I have several books on psychology and self-improvement. Actually, I don't know why I say "after that," because I am alternating which kind of book I read.

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I am about to start reading THE 5 LOVE LANGUAGES by Gary Chapman.
Excellent book. Read it many times. Owned and gave away many copies.

Another really good book in the Christian Marriage Help book genre, that is worth reading would be "Love and Respect" by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs.

Dr. Emerson Eggerichs doesn't just beat up the reader with bible verses. He uses clinical and published scientific research about relationships.

His central thesis is that men absolutely need to be respected, and women need to feel loved.

When this happens its bliss, but almost every conflict that escalates into real fights, or when communication breaks down either one of the needs is not being met which results in a crazy cycle.

He isnt just good at nailing the diagnosis, but also provides a map for the couple to get on track.

Last edited:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The Official Scrabble Players Dictionary, 5th edition.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Excellent book. Read it many times. Owned and gave away many copies.

Another really good book in the Christian Marriage Help book genre, that is worth reading would be "Love and Respect" by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs.

Dr. Emerson Eggerichs doesn't just beat up the reader with bible verses. He uses clinical and published scientific research about relationships.

His central thesis is that men absolutely need to be respected, and women need to feel loved.

When this happens its bliss, but almost every conflict that escalates into real fights, or when communication breaks down either one of the needs is not being met which results in a crazy cycle.

He isnt just good at nailing the diagnosis, but also provides a map for the couple to get on track.

That sounds cool. I hate when they bring religion into it. There was one book that I thought gave awesome advice right up until the last third, when all of a sudden they started saying how you needed religion (Christianity, of course) to really succeed. It was THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is one thing I have never understood about AA and those kinds of groups. I mean, I realize they were founded by religious people...but if I am a Chinese Taoist alcoholic and I want to get better, why are you going to insist I need Jesus to get over it? Why can't it just be me realizing my addiction is hurting myself and everyone I love, so I need to get my act together?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is one thing I have never understood about AA and those kinds of groups. I mean, I realize they were founded by religious people...but if I am a Chinese Taoist alcoholic and I want to get better, why are you going to insist I need Jesus to get over it? Why can't it just be me realizing my addiction is hurting myself and everyone I love, so I need to get my act together?
The principles of AA should actually be applicable by anyone who recognizes any kind of "higher power". There would be an issue for those who don't see any kind of higher power (atheists, perhaps pantheists, etc.).

Latest Discussions