What is your favorite martial art weapon?

redantstyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
this is a silly thread.

but i like teh sai, and this chain-whip-dart thingee that i always end up hitting my self with.

my tool kit is loaded with improvised weaponry. i can throw most of them as well, with fair accuracy. for close range, the nailgun aint a bad choice. nothing like a paint sprayer for a little injection hazard.

but, the bottom line is my Estwing (TM) roofing hatchet.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Glock 19, push-dagger, sap or blackjack

If you're going to carry a mouse gun I suppose the 19 is as good as any. REAL handguns have calibers that start with numbers like "3" and "4" or at least "10" :p

Shinobi Teikiatsu

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm going to have to say that in training, my favorite weapons are the sword and a six foot bo staff (because that thing is always awesome to go beserk with)

And as for self defense...Well I'm in high school so I can't really get away with carrying any kind of weapon with me, but I was crafty and made myself a make-shift kusari-fundo that I tied around my backpack strap, which I play off as a Goth chain, just for fashion's sake. It's useful, I have it tied in a way that I can just pull on one of the weighted ends and it'll come right off. I haven't really had a chance to use it, though...

redantstyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
dont hit anybody with a chain, and dont go on the netz and tell people you carry a concealed weapon at school.

just some advice.

Sandstorm

Green Belt
Reaction score
I like the Karambit, Escrima sticks and sarong for training. The sarong is a wonderfully versatile item and you can mimic much of it with a scarf or bandana etc. I would never use a weapon in a real life situation, unless said siituation actually called for it.

Shinobi Teikiatsu

Green Belt
Reaction score
dont hit anybody with a chain, and dont go on the netz and tell people you carry a concealed weapon at school.

just some advice.

It isn't concealed, it's right out in the open. You can't tell me it's a weapon just because it can be used as one. My pencil's a weapon if I want it to be, but you can't stop me from carrying one around with me.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
dont hit anybody with a chain...

Yes, it can get messy if you do that (in many senses). But the thing about a chain is, if you carry one, and make its existence known at the right time in certain situations, it's very unlikely you'll actually have to hit someone...

I went to university in NY in the 1960s, when it was far more dangerous than it's been for the last twenty years or so. And we all carried weapons. Everyone I knew carried one or more weapons: peppergas, a given; K-55s, open and carried, concealed under one's shirt sleeve, via rubber bands; razor knives under one's belt, etc. It was the golden era of 'funky' belt buckles which miraculously transformed themselves into brass knuckles at need. My own contribution to the mix of possibilities was a motorcycle chain, with 1.5 inch links, which I wore around my waist as a belt, tied in a fast release knot with leather cords that I had attached. As long as I wore it that way, you see, it was legal. A belt, nothing more. :EG:

In a number of dicey situations, all it took to calm tempers on all sides was for me to unzip my leather jacket and, uh, indicate the existence of this belt. In one or two very dicey situations I actually went as far as to take it off and demonstrate to the parties involved how snugly it wrapped around my hand, with lots of length left. Not once did my antagonists press the matter further. Deterrence theory, you know? :wink1:

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you're going to carry a mouse gun I suppose the 19 is as good as any. REAL handguns have calibers that start with numbers like "3" and "4" or at least "10" :p

Until you catch several of them in the chest or head.:wuguns:

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
geez...:D

along the lines of what searcher said, I've never had any of the "9mm is .45 set on stun" crowd that's willing to let me shoot them in the face with it to prove it's just set on stun. :rofl:

TheArtofDave

Blue Belt
Reaction score
my favorite martial art weapon would be the escrima sticks. I don't know why but the idea of beating somebody senseless with those was really appealing to me.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
geez...:D

along the lines of what searcher said, I've never had any of the "9mm is .45 set on stun" crowd that's willing to let me shoot them in the face with it to prove it's just set on stun. :rofl:

KT, the guy who taught me to shoot usually carries a NAA fits-in-your-wife's-palm .22 with a 1 inch barrel. But since he can choose which eye the bullet's going in nobody gives him any grief about it.

Fiendlover

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sais, hands down. I love them. they are quick and effective, smooth and cool looking. what more can i say?

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If I could get away with it I'd carry my G18. Hell, maybe my BAR.

As far as traditional weaponry goes, I like the Eku Bo. All that weight at the end is really attractive to me.

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My warm / hot weather carry is a S&W 637-2 with Plus-P hydra shock type rounds.
My cool / cold weather carry is a 2 1/2 686 loaded with 357 hydra shock rounds.
The reason for the weather carry is,
Warm / hot:
*harder to hide because of the warm weather attire,
*lighter clothing is easier to penetrate.
Cool / cold:
*bulky clothing makes the weapon easier to hide,
*more powerful rounds are needed to penetrate heavier clothing.
Just the way that I carry.
:bazook:

Hagakure

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Nice pair of sharpened butterfly knives.

Or... the obvious choice perhaps, the katana. Amazing weapons.

Something I could carry that won't get me arrested in seconds (in the UK that is!) the humble pen. Legal. Sharp, do a nice job of taking someones eye out. :) If the situation warranted it obviously...

Latest Discussions