What is your favorite CMA actor and their best film?

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I am curious to hear what people have to say here,

Tell us your favorite CMA Actor and 1 or more of your favorite films that they Starred in.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Michelle Yeoh

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

She proved herself not just a great MA actor, but a great actor, period.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OP
bowser666

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree that Michelle Yeoh is pretty awesome, I have to go with Donnie Yen in Iron Monkey. SKills galore if you ask me.

Ninebird8

Blue Belt
Reaction score
This will make me feel old, but here goes down to a few: Gordon Liu in 36 Chambers of Shaolin, all the actors in 5 Deadly Venoms, Alexander Fu Sheng (God rest his soul) in Kid with the Golden Arm, Old Jackie Chan when he was still using legit martial arts like Snake in the Eagle's Shadow (although I liked the fight between him and Gordon's brother in the second Drunken Master movie where they are fighting darn dao against spear underneath a train!), and of course Bruce. Donnie Yen was great but just a tier below, and Michele Yeow is good for a dancer....ahem!

Although not Chinese, Tishiro Mifune in almost anything including Seven Samurai!

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Jackie Chan. Jackie Chan has taken stunt work to the next level.
His ability to use objects in a nonconventional way is amazing.
His humor martial arts are impressive and breathtaking.

I think Policestory and Drukenmaster show his abilities the best.

Phadrus00

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It's hard to argue with Michelle Yeoh but for the sake of discourse...

Tony Jaa

Ok technically he is thai not Chinese but he certainly has become a rising star in Martial Arts films!

I still have to say that Jet Li is pretty impressive! I thought he was wonderful in Fearless!

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
jet li he rocks...i can't come to any conclusion which is his best film. they're all good. also, i like Dacascos martial arts style-i guess crying freeman is one of the best as well as the movie where he fights this dude on speed.

LanJie

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Jet Li in Tai Chi Master. (Not the English Version: Twin Warriors). It also has a great sound track.

OP
bowser666

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Chow Yun Fat I don't think was in Iron Monkey. The guy that played Iron Monkey was Yu Rongguang .

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The Iron Monkey movie I saw was not Chow Yun Fate but an interesting point about that movie it is only part of a Chinese television series called Young Yue Fei.

And did I Mention my favorite CMA actor is Michelle Yeoh?

If I already did I apologize for metioning Michelle Yeoh again

Ok I will stop talking about Michelle Yeoh now this is the last time I will mention Michelle Yeoh in this :D

OP
bowser666

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The Iron Monkey movie I saw was not Chow Yun Fate but an interesting point about that movie it is only part of a Chinese television series called Young Yue Fei.

And did I Mention my favorite CMA actor is Michelle Yeoh?

If I already did I apologize for metioning Michelle Yeoh again

Ok I will stop talking about Michelle Yeoh now this is the last time I will mention Michelle Yeoh in this :D

Michelle Yeoh ? WHo's that ? HAHA just kidding,

THe Iron Monkey I am talknig about is the 1993 release , I totally forgot there was a different one many years before. I am probably wrong and my apologies for saying you were wrong sir.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Michelle Yeoh is a great actress but if I recall both her and Zhang Ziyi (both of them are dancers) admitted to NOT being Martial Artists ... same with Pei-Pei Cheng who played the villian in Crouching Tiger. They're actresses who play Martial Artists. Now if they have studied CMA after their films then yes.

So sorry fellas, as pretty as they are they don't qualify as CMA-ists. :idunno:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Michelle Yeoh is a great actress but if I recall both her and Zhang Ziyi (both of them are dancers) admitted to NOT being Martial Artists ... same with Pei-Pei Cheng who played the villian in Crouching Tiger. They're actresses who play Martial Artists. Now if they have studied CMA after their films then yes.

So sorry fellas, as pretty as they are they don't qualify as CMA-ists. :idunno:

And what part of my posts with attached links of her in things not martial arts made you think I was serious and care about the fact she was originally a beauty pageant winner :D OF COURSE she was a dancer WHO CARES... Don't MAKE me post more pictures :D

But while were on the topic and I guess being serious

Jackie Chan is a Chinese Opera person and also not technically a CMA person as well and Jet Li is straight Wushu and Samo Hung is also a opera person, but I think later Wing Chun but I am not sure. Chow Yun Fat, actor no CMA at all.

Many of the people in martial arts movies are not "by a CMAists POV" CMA at all but actors and danceres. And IMO Jet Li is a CMA guy if for no other reason than he was lilkey also trained Sanshou but there are CMA people who will tell you he isn't due to his heavy training in Wushu.

So LEAVE Michelle Yeoh alone... now you see what you've done.. you have madde me post another picture. :uhyeah:

Latest Discussions