Focus, lose focus,
Everything is so green.
Worms eat my brain,
Khan said so
The game is afoot,
Checkmate in 3

Gary, Queen to Queens Level Three
Bester.

Well that one is not a game I am familiar with...But the game is moving in a good direction...

Regards, Gary

bart

Brown Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
akja said:
Yes, so far, I've found that it "comes and goes" in the FMA. You learn the triangle and and when you spar, it all goes "out the window."

It's not supposed to work that way. Sparring and freestyle work should be things that you use to develop using angles and stepping patterns. But often a lot more time is spent on static drills and preset patterns than developing combative skill that can be employed in random full contact sparring.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
kelly keltner said:
So let me rephrase the answer:
If the students fronted the money and wanted pictures in the book wouldn't Mitose consent to doing pictures to get it published. If he needed their money and did not want them to rescind their funding?

kelly
Hey Guys I have a great idea, you're gonna give me a bunch of money so I can publish a book on the Martial Arts. Wait, Wait here is the best part.... There won't be any martial arts in it at all, not even one stinking picture... Of course I know there are books on philosophy that are published. But we'll publish this with strong martial arts feel, a Martial arts cover, we'll get local martial artist for the debute...and just imagine the surprise when anybody open the book and there are no martial arts in the book!!

Reading the foolow up book written later, there is no philosphy in that book either

Question, if he did'nt believe in Martial arts, pictures, or even what the pictures in the book. Why did he appear in the pictures??

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Why was GAB Banned?? His posts seemed no further out there than before. PM if you will

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Short Version:
He has been warned repeatedly to cease disrupting threads and slandering our staff. He did not. His unique posting style has worn out its welcome here. There is alot more to it, but that is the "short" version.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Allright New question

There are part of the book that are "borrowed", that is a given.

How about the technique sequences?
were they copied from another source
or just part of them

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
bart said:
It's not supposed to work that way. Sparring and freestyle work should be things that you use to develop using angles and stepping patterns. But often a lot more time is spent on static drills and preset patterns than developing combative skill that can be employed in random full contact sparring.
I understand that you are very right. My skills are in development still. But the triangle does "fit my style" well.

SacTown in the house, you're about an hour and a half away from me.

kelly keltner

Black Belt
Reaction score
The Kai said:
Hey Guys I have a great idea, you're gonna give me a bunch of money so I can publish a book on the Martial Arts. Wait, Wait here is the best part.... There won't be any martial arts in it at all, not even one stinking picture... Of course I know there are books on philosophy that are published. But we'll publish this with strong martial arts feel, a Martial arts cover, we'll get local martial artist for the debute...and just imagine the surprise when anybody open the book and there are no martial arts in the book!!

Reading the foolow up book written later, there is no philosphy in that book either

Question, if he did'nt believe in Martial arts, pictures, or even what the pictures in the book. Why did he appear in the pictures??
Give it a rest Todd You were around Kosho long enough to know the answers to your questions. You may not like the answers but you know them. I don't have the time to play the game any longer.

kelly

Reactions: MJS

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
kelly keltner said:
Give it a rest Todd You were around Kosho long enough to know the answers to your questions. You may not like the answers but you know them. I don't have the time to play the game any longer.

kelly
Why not tell the rest of us the secret answers and end this controversy?

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
kelly keltner said:

kelly
Then don't throw out theories without any proof
Here's the game -you are trying so very hard to tack a grand ancient history on Kosho or make Mitose into something he is not.
Don't ram your version of history down everyones throat-Flash all Martial Arts History is a little suspect. Emperado, well that's his version of events, The KaJu people have a take it or leave it philosophy. You have your version, there is bound to be conflicts
Instead spend your time honoring and respecting the real genuis behind your system
Hanshi Juchnik

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mod. Note.
Please, keep the conversation polite and respectful.

-MJS
-MT Moderator-

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
GAB said:
Hi Kai

I am going to answer this to you.

The one that was edited in 81 had some things added to it by several of the persons Hanshi Bruce had introduced to James Mitose to get certificates, added some information in that book and not the one that is the original when Mitose had it done in 1953...Similar to a reprint with some added by Hanshi...

Hope that is clear...

Actually, I was working off the '53 (or 1947)editions. Sorry. The techinical pictures are the same in all of them.

Matt

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I was thinking the other day about why someone like
Prof. Chow would have been involved with Mitose if
Mitose was not a very good martial artist.(even I quit
a school after three weeks when I figured out that the
instructor was all talk and no skill.) Why would he
have taken Emperado to him etc?

Then a couple of different things came to mind: 1)
Prof. Chow was poor. 2) Mitose was known to be a scam
artist promising money to people helping him with his
schemes. 3) Prof. Chow was known to give rank for
money as long as it wasn’t in his own personal art.

According to all sources, Prof. Chow was living pretty
much in poverty his whole life. He would, therefore,
give out rank etc. to those that would fly to Hawaii
in exchange for cash. (I got that from Dr. Perry’s
introduction in GM Kuoha’s first volume of Chinese
Kara-Ho Kempo). We also know, according to Doc and
others, that Mitose was always trying to con people
into schemes of one sort or another promising money
etc. Sijo Emperado said that Mitose’s book was
published with funds from fellow martial artists who
were promised money in return for their investment
(which they never saw). It would not be at all
unreasonable, therefore, to conclude that Prof. Chow
went along with Mitose and backed him based on some
idea that it would be financially profitable for him
to do so. Eventually he figured it out and
disassociated himself from Mitose. Mitose would
certainly have benefitted from having top-notch
fighters as part of his school. Prof. Chow, would have
had a clean conscience since he apparently didn’t
consider it wrong to promote things for money as long
as it wasn’t his personal system. This would go a ways
towards explaining how someone like Prof. Chow could
be associated with Mitose.

kelly keltner

Black Belt
Reaction score
The Kai said:
Then don't throw out theories without any proof
Here's the game -you are trying so very hard to tack a grand ancient history on Kosho or make Mitose into something he is not.
Don't ram your version of history down everyones throat-Flash all Martial Arts History is a little suspect. Emperado, well that's his version of events, The KaJu people have a take it or leave it philosophy. You have your version, there is bound to be conflicts
Instead spend your time honoring and respecting the real genuis behind your system
Hanshi Juchnik
Thoery and conjecture are what are being thrown about by everyone including yourself. So give it a rest. Mitose was who he was, and he did what he did. So you can take it or leave it. What I stated to you was that you know the reasons that were given for why there were pictures in the book. You are correct all martial arts history is suspect depending on your perspective. I'm just wondering what your perspective is. You have been around Kosho and Hanshi long enough to know many of the answers to the questions that are being thrown around this forum.
kk

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Actually I don't know why there were pictures in the book!

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
The Kai said:
Actually I don't know why there were pictures in the book!

Well, if there were no pictures, I would not have been able to pick them apart, and might have had to give Mitose some benefit of the doubt, but can now feel entirely confident stating that he was a charlatan.

Thank goodness for the pictures.

Matt

Latest Discussions