What is Ninjutsu?

Tanaka

Purple Belt
Reaction score
You have no idea whatsoever about anything to do with authentic........

Agreed Chris, but I know everything about Kug Maky Ung Ryu and Shugenbujutsu.

Why are you doing this? Do you enjoy making people upset, and making them not take you serious? You're insulting Japanese culture. Does this not bother you?

You have some fascination with wanting to be apart of Ninjutsu and Japanese culture. Yet you don't know anything about the culture you're trying to swindle. You didn't even have enough respect to attempt to learn anything about Japanese culture before attempting this.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Neither of which have anything, at all, to do with -Japanese- Ninjutsu.
So your continued posting in this section and claiming they do is trolling.

"today's "ninjutsu" is derived from the traditional fighting arts associated with the Iga/Koga region of Japan. We welcome members from all Nin-po schools."

Not MMA, not FMA, not POYAS, not CMA, but arts from a -specific- part of the nation of Japan.

I would strongly suggest you take your, nonsense, to another site, and see how they receive it, because so far, the -only- place you seem to be is here.

I suggest you try Bullshido.

Good bye.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I quite enjoy reading his ill informed posts, it's like reading The Onion, only if one of those guys tried to write about something he didn't know. Comedic and sad.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would strongly suggest you take your, nonsense, to another site, and see how they receive it, because so far, the -only- place you seem to be is here.

I suggest you try Bullshido.

Good bye.

Budoseek would be another good choice. Because that would mean he'd go up against Don Roley. :D

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
(Okay, he's gone, I know, but this has been bugging me since I got the email notification this morning....)

So you agree that you don't know anything about what Ninjutsu is, and you think that your opinion about it carries any weight? This, I'm afraid, is more than delusional.

But to the point, frankly, I don't think you get any of the terms you used. Let's see, shall we?

You don't get what a Ryu is. The term can also be pronounced "Nagare/Nagashi", and means "flow". In other words, it is a stream of knowledge passed down from one generation to another, not something made up in a backyard. You have no Ryu.

You don't get what Shugen means. It is a specific religious term, and you don't know anything about it. That was dealt with nearly 2 years ago.

Bujutsu refers to Japanese martial arts, not Western made up in the backyard ones, with little to no Japanese influence at all (a little Judo years ago really doesn't count, especially not as bujutsu. Budo, yeah, but not in the small amount you have experienced).

And as for "Kug maky ung", that is, in your own words, taken from a "language you made up as a child". I frankly doubt that. For one thing, it would be almost unthinkably improbable for any child to truly come up with a language. It is a collection of gibberish syllables you came up with. For it to be a language (and therefore have any true meaning) there needs to be syntax and grammatical rules, there needs to be etymology, and there needs to be structure. As this is not from a language (as a linguist would understand it), I submit that it has no meaning, therefore cannot be something that anyone can know about, as it has no substance. Not a surprise, really.

Okay, got that off my chest. Sorry, everyone.

Last edited:

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
You don't get what a Ryu is. The term can also be pronounced "Nagare/Nagashi", and means "flow". In other words, it is a stream of knowledge passed down from one generation to another, not something made up in a backyard. You have no Ryu.

Well, technically he could be the founder of the Ryu. I am not saying that it is not silly in the extreme in this case or even a correct use of the term, but all Ryu once started with someone codifying whatever it was they were doing.

So the fact that it was not passed down to him from a previous generation does not matter in this argument. And there are plenty of other reasons why what he is doing is not a Ryu.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Often it wouldn't be refered to as a "Ryu" until a generation or two down the road. Togakure Ryu, for instance, wasn't refered to as such until after it's third official generation (counting from Daisuke Nishina/Daisuke Togakure, rather than Shima Kosanta no Minamoto, sometimes refered to as the founder, otherwise refered to as the second in the Soke line). Takagi Ryu didn't really become Takagi Ryu until after the second head (Takagi Umanosuke) had his experiences with Takeuchi Ryu, and started to develop the Jujutsu syllabus. Putting a few things together does not a Ryu make....

And my point, as you said, was that he was not using the term correctly, so he didn't "know everything about" what he was doing. But thanks for getting this back to some interesting areas of conversation!

Latest Discussions