What is circle punch?

D

Deleted member 39746

Exactly. This is one of my classmates from many years ago punching the heavy bag. He has punched the heavy bag many times before so I guess his mind was drifting and he landed that punch wrong. His wrist folded. There's no tape to hold the structure. Drive the power of the punch at the wrong angle and it will exit out of the wrist causing it to bend like this.

View attachment 27134
Go slow to begin with then work up and stop if you feel your concentration waning. I have had many close calls with punching the bag but never truely broke my wrist, i was always able to pull it before it broke, and i edventually got out of doing it wrong. (dont copy that, i would have done light sparring on the bag/wore light gloves as well if i knew/had them respectively)

although, i havent gotten out of the issue of my elbows hurting and putting too much strain on them.

As far as i recall, the boxers fracture is messing up a punch and hitting with your little fingers knuckle/not proper across the knuckles impact, i belive the wrist issues are the same, its not really about what you hit, more you hit it wrong. (dont get my wrong shouldnt be in the habit of hitting the hardest part of the body or else it increases the risk, but its not as bad as you are 100% gurnateed to break something if you hit it first time, sods law says yes, but realtity says unlikely)

Addendum: just sae the fight bite, since my punching bag was wrapped to keep water off it, i ended up getting worse friction burns/marks off it, i also used the fact that i got a visable mark to assess where my knuckles were hitting as well.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Go slow to begin with then work up and stop if you feel your concentration waning. I have had many close calls with punching the bag but never truely broke my wrist, i was always able to pull it before it broke, and i edventually got out of doing it wrong. (dont copy that, i would have done light sparring on the bag/wore light gloves as well if i knew/had them respectively)

although, i havent gotten out of the issue of my elbows hurting and putting too much strain on them.

As far as i recall, the boxers fracture is messing up a punch and hitting with your little fingers knuckle/not proper across the knuckles impact, i belive the wrist issues are the same, its not really about what you hit, more you hit it wrong. (dont get my wrong shouldnt be in the habit of hitting the hardest part of the body or else it increases the risk, but its not as bad as you are 100% gurnateed to break something if you hit it first time, sods law says yes, but realtity says unlikely)

Addendum: just sae the fight bite, since my punching bag was wrapped to keep water off it, i ended up getting worse friction burns/marks off it, i also used the fact that i got a visable mark to assess where my knuckles were hitting as well.
I used electrical tape on my bag. To make a small cross. Horizontal fist had to land on the Horizontal strip. Vertical fist had to land on the vertical strip.

Latest Discussions