What IS a Ninja?

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nimravus said:
It's not that I have anything specific against Naruto, it's just that I believe it to be Satan's spawn sent here to destroy the planet Earth.
I see you saw the last episode. :D :ninja: j/k of course.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
a position? rank?
can I apply and become a ninja?
what's their website anyway?

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
mantis said:
a position? rank?

Yes.

Before the 1580's, samurai was nothing other than a social class. After the 1580's and until the 1870's, samurai became a social caste.

At no point, however, was samurai a clearly defined 'job'.

mantis said:
can I apply and become a ninja?

Nope.

The samurai and ninja are both gone now, much to the dismay of teenage fanboys throughout America.

mantis said:
what's their website anyway?

Whatever you want it to be, I suppose.

Laterz.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
heretic888 said:
Yes.

Before the 1580's, samurai was nothing other than a social class. After the 1580's and until the 1870's, samurai became a social caste.

At no point, however, was samurai a clearly defined 'job'.

Nope.

The samurai and ninja are both gone now, much to the dismay of teenage fanboys throughout America.

Whatever you want it to be, I suppose.

Laterz.
sorry, i thought i was trying to be "funny"
anyway, I actually watched a documentary about the Samurai the other day and how they were defeated
the documentary showed that all the efforts and blood invested by the samurai just went away for nothing
the emperor wanted to be westernized and wanted a more modern way of defense than the samurai
what's interesting, and i think sad, is towards the end of the documentary they showed the current young generation of japanse all adapting the western culture without thinking, and without picking what suits them and omitting what doesn suit them.
it shows you tons of teen agers sitting on the streets playing metal music and what not, all tattooed, dressed like goths and so forth. im not suggesting there's something wrong with those things. but it's sad when they leave a huge culture and history and run after another culture! (i think!)

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
No offense, mantis, but I think that's a topic for another discussion. ;)

Laterz.

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mantis said:
it shows you tons of teen agers sitting on the streets playing metal music and what not, all tattooed, dressed like goths and so forth. im not suggesting there's something wrong with those things. but it's sad when they leave a huge culture and history and run after another culture! (i think!)
As an aging rivethead, I just gotta say, Goth chicks are hot... Asian Goth Chicks are even hotter.

If I could find an asian goth chick who studied Bujinkan, Id be her Rivethead Love-slave in a NANO-SECOND.

NANO-SECOND.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
As an aging rivethead, I just gotta say, Goth chicks are hot... Asian Goth Chicks are even hotter.

If I could find an asian goth chick who studied Bujinkan, Id be her Rivethead Love-slave in a NANO-SECOND.

NANO-SECOND.
LOL
like he said
off-topic
off-topic!!

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
heretic888 said:
No offense, mantis, but I think that's a topic for another discussion. ;)

Laterz.
i had to say something to prove my seriousness after a serious of unsuccessful stupid jokes of mine!!
i happen to watch like 3 documentaries a week... u dont want me to start a discussion about them here, trust me!

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
A slight correction...

heretic888 said:
Oda Nobunaga, for example, was born the son of a farmer. Despite this, he worked his way up the military ladder (beginning his career as a modest ashigaru) and at one time had a pretty good shot at becoming shogun.

My mistake, guys. I confused Oda Nobunaga with Toyotomi Hideyoshi here. My bad. :D

Laterz.

Kizaru

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Goth chicks are hot... Asian Goth Chicks are even hotter.

If I could find an asian goth chick..., Id be her Rivethead Love-slave in a NANO-SECOND.
You have heard of Harajuku, haven't you???

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mantis said:
but it's sad when they leave a huge culture and history and run after another culture! (i think!)
As opposed to, say... a newbie martial artist who suddenly develops a fascination with all things Japanese? :idunno:

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
That's what they want you to think ;)

"Believe it!" :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Sorry. Couldn't help myself. :D

Laterz.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Kreth said:
As opposed to, say... a newbie martial artist who suddenly develops a fascination with all things Japanese? :idunno:
im trying not to post too much LIKE I WAS INSTRUCTED!!
but i wanna say, with no offense, that being impressed coming from a 300 year civilization by a 3000 year civilization is by no means equal to leaving the 3000 years of civilization for the 200 one!