What fiction book are you currently reading?

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dune: House Cornino By Brian Herbert and just one more book after this and I've read the whole series woo hoo! I should get a some sort of Prize for that.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Touch'O'Death
Dune: House Cornino By Brian Herbert and just one more book after this and I've read the whole series woo hoo! I should get a some sort of Prize for that.

Sorry to disappoint you, but you still have:

Dune: The Butlerian Jihad
Dune: The Machine Crusade
and the forthcoming
Dune: The Battle of Corrin

:D

The Butlerian Jihad book was very good, and I'm halfway through The Machine Crusade now.

Cthulhu

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Just finished:

Flandry Agent of the Terran Empire - Poul Anderson
(Sci-fi fluff from an older era, good stuff though)

Master and Commander - Patrick O'brian
(Very good, gritty and realistic, but it has some weird transitions between time periods in the book. I liked it, but I may be one of those who winds up preferring Hornblower.

On one of my 15 hour drives to Seattle I listened to Bernard Cromwell's "An Archer's Tale" on audiobook. Pretty good, but I thought Cromwell overemphasized the use and effectiveness of the English longbow.

I just started Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper. This is fairly dense reading so I may have to counteract it with some sci-fi fluff, hmm, cue up another Flandry novel.

Lamont

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cthulhu
Sorry to disappoint you, but you still have:

Dune: The Butlerian Jihad
Dune: The Machine Crusade
and the forthcoming
Dune: The Battle of Corrin

:D

The Butlerian Jihad book was very good, and I'm halfway through The Machine Crusade now.

Cthulhu
Iknow that now. We just bought the Buttlerian Jihad. I'm back to square one. Literaly ha ha.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Touch'O'Death
Iknow that now. We just bought the Buttlerian Jihad. I'm back to square one. Literaly ha ha.

From an online interview, it looks like Herbert and Anderson will be doing a 7th book to the original Dune series, based off of extensive notes for the book made by Frank Herbert. They even suggested that it may be published as two separate books.

So, after this current prequel trilogy ends, we have at least one more Dune book to look forward to :)

Cthulhu

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by RanaHarmamelda
George R. R. Martin, A Storm of Swords.

A very good series. Unfortunately, Martin takes about 10 years to write each friggin' installment.

Cthulhu

ABN

Green Belt
Reaction score
The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis

The Victorious Opposition by Harry Turtledove

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just got down rifling throught eh Myth Series by Robert Lynn Apsrin, and I am now back into the Belgariad Series. I have read both before numerous times. It is what I do when I run out of new books to read.

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Emerald City of Oz, by L. Frank Baum

Also just started re-reading The Hobbit. I've only read it and The Lord of the Rings once, and it was in junior high school for The Hobbit and high school for LOTR.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've been reading the Dark Tower Series by Stephen King this last week. Up to Wizard and Glass right now. (Prepping for Wolves of the Calla or whatever it's called.)

Latest Discussions