What does your handle mean?

OP
jezr74

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zero:
The codename for an untraceable, unknown assassin from some book I read back in the day
From the concepts of Zen and also The Book of Five Rings, namely the fifth book, The Void.

I think I remember that book from many years ago, his weapon of choice was the bokken right?

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Zero:
The codename for an untraceable, unknown assassin from some book I read back in the day
From the concepts of Zen and also The Book of Five Rings, namely the fifth book, The Void.

Isn't he that guy off mortal combat that had the icy powers

subzero-mk9art.jpg

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Isn't he that guy off mortal combat that had the icy powers

subzero-mk9art.jpg
Yes, that's actually me in the picture but I took my name from that book and it has nothing to do with those icy powers.

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I think I remember that book from many years ago, his weapon of choice was the bokken right?

Can you remember the name of the book? I was trying to find it online and there are so many Zero-assassin books now that it's a joke, I can't find the right one.

OP
jezr74

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you remember the name of the book? I was trying to find it online and there are so many Zero-assassin books now that it's a joke, I can't find the right one.
Zero, by Eric Lustbader?

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So not this Zero then :D

i111229bbpanel.jpg
Sorry, I don't follow all of the Nordic cartoon strips.

That said, it does have somewhat of a resemblance when I am out of the facemask and outfit (which is not often).

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah, I do recognise the name...there was also something like a Sargent Sad Sack or something, my dad had lot of those old comics. He's got a heap of original old Phantom and Lone Ranger comics too - any cash in those these days or are they just fire starters?

Depending on the condition they might be worth something, lots of old fans of the Phantom around and collecting old issues at least. I`d definately take them to the used comics store and see what you can get for them.

Elbowgrease

Green Belt
Reaction score
It's always made me giggle. "Just need a little bit of elbowgrease..."
Any which way you can, whatever it takes to get the job done, by unorthodox means...

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
My handle is composed of the initials of my art followed by the initials of my name. It may be boring but at least it's easy to remember.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
My handle is composed of the initials of my art followed by the initials of my name. It may be boring but at least it's easy to remember.

I always assumed it was something like "Reality Tae Kwon Do Combative Method of Death." :)

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
When I was choosing a name on the old chatrooms, I had recently competed and my right hand was really busted up, the knuckles were everywhere.

I looked down at my hand on the keyboard and thought 'wow, that looks gnarly'. Gnarly with a y was taken.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah, I do recognise the name...there was also something like a Sargent Sad Sack or something, my dad had lot of those old comics. He's got a heap of original old Phantom and Lone Ranger comics too - any cash in those these days or are they just fire starters?

In Beetle Bailey, there was a character "Sarge" who was quite colorful. Sad Sack was a colorful misfit character in another series.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
In the US Army, a designation of a unit of the 3rd, whether only one digit, or if there is more than one digit, often becomes something like third herd. The people in a unit I was in in Vietnam often referred to themselves as the Third Herd, so I am, of the herd. But I used that in anther forum, so I added a "1" here in MT.

Latest Discussions