What does your handle mean?

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where posters handles come from? Some are boring like my own. jezr is letter play on Jezza which is a nickname for Jeremy, my name.

I often look at others names used here and wonder what the story is behind it.

Post your meaning, I think a few of us would find it interesting.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
seasoned,
Well preserved, time in grade, advanced age = a grandfatherly approach to life in general.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Its an acronym. Creative Android Raised On Logic.

*types with a straight face*

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Because the login "Sneaky Bastard" would upset the software...

Actually, I used to be head of an offroad club called the Dirty Dogs. I later helped establish an offroading site and used the login Dirty Dog.
It just carried over to here.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
A left over from my reckless 30s....a contraction from my Avatard identity and 'reckless fire' a line from an anime title song, but that was already taken. (actually my email...back then. Now I have an 'adult' handle for those things)

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
'K' for Karate initially. (Now could be Krav as well or AiKIdo)
:asian:

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
...when I was 10 years old, I saw a karate demo and it appeared that the man was 'flying' as he did many of his jumping kicks..
years later - in the midst of my TKD journey - I am, in my own way - 'learning to fly'..

So, short version = my initials + learning to fly (ks - learning to fly) :)

new.era.player

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of baseball, especially Major League Baseball. I am also a big fan of the New Era cap line, which that is where I get my official field caps to my favorite sports teams -- especially Baseball (Boston Red Sox).
So with that said, I have always fantasized being a pro baseball player like Ted Williams or Babe Ruth. These guys were real "go-getters" see, real players... I consider anyone who's a hard-charger or a "go-getter" a real "player".

I'm 26 years old and I consider myself a player in that way, something that seems to be hard to come by these days. I'm also relatively young still, so I still consider myself part of the "new era", or the "new age".
So that makes me the "New Era Player". :)

I've considered trying to find out a way to have MT change my name to something easier for people to address though. Lol

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of baseball, especially Major League Baseball. I am also a big fan of the New Era cap line, which that is where I get my official field caps to my favorite sports teams -- especially Baseball (Boston Red Sox).
So with that said, I have always fantasized being a pro baseball player like Ted Williams or Babe Ruth. These guys were real "go-getters" see, real players... I consider anyone who's a hard-charger or a "go-getter" a real "player".

I'm 26 years old and I consider myself a player in that way, something that seems to be hard to come by these days. I'm also relatively young still, so I still consider myself part of the "new era", or the "new age".
So that makes me the "New Era Player". :)

I've considered trying to find out a way to have MT change my name to something easier for people to address though. Lol

I almost went with Ty Cobb as my handle. Kinda wish I did.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
An elflord in Lord of the Rings. He appears very briefly in the movies at the very start of the first one and at the very end of the third.

Cirdan.jpg

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
When I registered for Iain Abernathy's forum he doesn't allow "silly" names, so my e-mail address of Darth_Paul got changed to Paul_D :-(

As I can't be doing with diffident logs ins for different sites, I stuck with it.

Latest Discussions