What do you think of Jake Mace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
To tamesd,
Someone asked me to post my thoughts on here and aikijutsu, which I did as a favor, how pathetic you are to have to search for my post to repost, what a f to the u to the c next to the j in loser you really are!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have admitted you know nothing about him, yet you defend him anyway.

The man IS a fraud. He claims to know every style at a master level, and he is demonstrably untrained in most of them. He's been doing this for YEARS and ignores all feedback. He's a predator that targets people that can't tell the difference between real martial arts and acting.

Tell you what, look up whatever style you do(if any) and go see him do some kata or forms in that style.

I did so with WC and LOL. Just lol.

Ha ha, trying to start arguments again I see. I'm not defending him, I'm stopping the thread from being locked because of 'fraud busting' which isn't allowed here. You might want to think about libel cases, what is said on the internet isn't immune to court cases and I'm sure the site doesn't want to get involved in being sued. You might also want to think about that before calling him a predator. He may be but you need to watch what you are saying. I'm sure you will ignore me which is fine but don't whinge when there are consequences to your fraud busting.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have admitted you know nothing about him, yet you defend him anyway.

The man IS a fraud. He claims to know every style at a master level, and he is demonstrably untrained in most of them. He's been doing this for YEARS and ignores all feedback. He's a predator that targets people that can't tell the difference between real martial arts and acting.

Tell you what, look up whatever style you do(if any) and go see him do some kata or forms in that style.

I did so with WC and LOL. Just lol.
I wonder how much of his claims of expertise is the Dunning-Kruger effect. Just because he doesn't meet your definition of an expert/master, that doesn't mean he doesn't meet his own. The point made earlier about the difference between someone who is lying and someone who is deceived (even self-deceived) is significant to the ethics of the situation.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ha ha, trying to start arguments again I see. I'm not defending him, I'm stopping the thread from being locked because of 'fraud busting' which isn't allowed here. You might want to think about libel cases, what is said on the internet isn't immune to court cases and I'm sure the site doesn't want to get involved in being sued. You might also want to think about that before calling him a predator. He may be but you need to watch what you are saying. I'm sure you will ignore me which is fine but don't whinge when there are consequences to your fraud busting.

"In the context of defamation actions (libel and slander) as well as invasion of privacy, a public figure cannot base a lawsuit on incorrect harmful statements unless there is proof that the writer or publisher acted with actual malice (knowledge of falsity or reckless disregard for the truth)."

Jake Mace would have to prove that Martial D knew he was not a fraud and intentionally disregarded that truth.

Martial D or anyone else is allowed to voice or write his opinion of Jake Mace without it being considered defamation.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"In the context of defamation actions (libel and slander) as well as invasion of privacy, a public figure cannot base a lawsuit on incorrect harmful statements unless there is proof that the writer or publisher acted with actual malice (knowledge of falsity or reckless disregard for the truth)."

Jake Mace would have to prove that Martial D knew he was not a fraud and intentionally disregarded that truth.

Martial D or anyone else is allowed to voice or write his opinion of Jake Mace without it being considered defamation.

The problems for the website would start before the case went to court, the person who felt he'd been libelled would have his lawyers send letters asking the comments to be removed, do you think the website would even want that small step? There is a reason for the no fraud busting rule, to prevent anything, even letters from layers happening. If the person who felt he was being libelled had enough money he can still sue whether or not he stands a chance, the site would have to fork out for lawyers to defend even a specious case.
Jake Mace could go back to Canada and sue from there, Canadian law is the same as UK and not the same as US law. 'Libel tourism' is something that is happening more and more now, cases where something said in the US but seen in the UK can be heard in a UK even when the person suing isn't from the UK! There was a Working Group set up by the UK's Dept. of Justice to look into this and seek out ways to deal with it. So, there is reason to worry even if you think there isn't.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd prefer they all be wholly inappropriate, Tony, but entirely unrelated to the original word.

The Irish 'feck' is always good.

I vote for elaborate, antiquated, humorous euphemisms, randomly selected from an extensive list.

Ex: I didn't type "love", I meant playing the blanket hornpipe, inserting my matrimonial peacemaker into your Venus's honeypot. This coprophagous forum won't let me write what I mean. This is bovine scatology!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I vote for elaborate, antiquated, humorous euphemisms, randomly selected from an extensive list.

Ex: I didn't type "love", I meant playing the blanket hornpipe, inserting my matrimonial peacemaker into your Venus's honeypot. This coprophagous forum won't let me write what I mean. This is bovine scatology!

How about "take an aeronautical intercourse off of a piece of reciprocating perforated pastry"

Anarax

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Because of the angle that crosses usually come in when thrown. If the person throws a linear cross then you'll have a chance, but if that cross comes in at an angle (as shown in the video) then the chance for a successful counter with that technique is slim. It's just too much distance to cover with that technique when used against a cross, which is why he has that awkward lean in the video when he tries to counter with the technique. The other issue is that crosses are usually the follow up punch and not the lead punch. The problem with the demo is that it's slow which creates assumptions about when a technique can be done.

The safer application of that technique is to use it against a jab or a linear punch. People usually jab carelessly, often times they use it as a range finder which means they aren't really trying to hit you in the face with full force. Jabs you can easily parry, even when thrown at full force in comparison to crosses. Parrying a jab is text book beginner technique for martial arts.

Here are examples of crosses and you'll see the angle that I'm talking about. Also notice that the cross is the second punch. The one that I really want you to focus on is the one at 4:45 because it best represents what Jake was doing and how his partner was replying. I think this is the real danger of crosses. At the moment the of trying to counter the incoming cross, he would have just redirected the cross from landing on one side of his face, only to have it land on the other side. If your opponent sees you move then he'll just change the angle of his cross, which was what happened at 4:45. He thought the cross was coming down the middle but it didn't.

The destruction isn't the defensive technique though, the parry with his left arm is. Destructions can be applied in multiple ways from multiple angles. One way that a destruction can be applied is the way he did in the video. You parry the strike into the elbow. Without the the parry that particular destruction would be difficult to pull of, hence is why he parried.

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
But his application of it in fighting and self defense is questionable
He'd make a good Power Ranger, but if his videos on YouTube are anything to go by he doesn't know his **** from his elbow when it comes to SD.

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
reading that i don't understand why people are so anal about authenticity of moves, it matters nothing if someone made them up half an hour ago, or they are hundreds of years old, they either work or they dont
Yes, I don't get that either. If he punches you in the face, it hurts. Your face doesn't ask for documentation to show he can trace his lineage back 500 years to some Chinese guy no one living even knows.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score

I thank the internet gods every day you aren't a mod, so much as you love to act the part.

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I thank the internet gods every day you aren't a mod, so much as you love to act the part.
If you are not here to learn from the people who know better than you, why are you here?

It's certainly not to contribute anything meaningful, as the way you talk about MA makes you sound like a 13 year old whose MA experience consists of masturbating over Bruce Lee films and playing Street Fughter II Turbo Edition.

Tell you what, look up whatever style you do(if any).
Tugg Speedman: There were times while I was playing Martial D where I felt...
[pause]
Tung Speedman: ...retarded. Like, really retarded.
Kirk Lazarus: Damn!
Tugg Speedman: In a weird way I had to sort of just free myself up to believe that is was ok to be stupid or dumb.
Kirk Lazarus: To be a moron.
Tugg Speedman: Yeah!
Kirk Lazarus: To be moronical.
Tugg Speedman: Exactly, to be a moron.
Kirk Lazarus: An imbecile.
Tugg Speedman: Yeah!
Kirk Lazarus: Like the dumbest mother ****** that ever lived.
Tugg Speedman: [pause] When I was playing the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions