What do you think of Jake Mace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
And your chosen method of learning is to disagree with everyone who tries to educate you. That's certainly a novel, if somewhat fundamentally flawed, approach.
Not everyone. There are many level headed and knowledgeable people here who have been a delight to shoot the **** with and exchange viewpoints about martial arts with.

Enough in fact, that it makes dealing with the anal c#nts and know it all's tolerable.

I also wrote an epic expletive filled blog post explaning why I am back, but of course you wouldn't bother to read that first would you, as that would require time and effort on your part to f***ing educate yourself about a subject before posting. Where as it takes much more less effort to continue to post from a position of ignorance.

You are correct in that I do not seek out your posts. In fact, I generally skip over them.

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
There are many level headed and knowledgeable people here
And yet you still don't understand the difference between SD and fighting.

In fact, I generally skip over them.
No you don't, you keep quoting them and replying to them. Your not very good at this are you, you haven't actually gotten anything correct yet.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
And yet you still don't understand the difference between SD and fighting.
Well, I certainly don't accept you as any sort of authority on the subject.

No you don't, you keep quoting them and replying to them. Your not very good at this are you, you haven't actually gotten anything correct yet.

Only when you quote me in a post, and the site alerts me. Otherwise, I haven't found much of what you have to say very realistic, insightful, or interesting.

You done yet? I'm falling asleep.

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Only when you quote me in a post, and the site alerts me. Otherwise, I haven't found much of what you have to say very realistic, insightful, or interesting.

You done yet? I'm falling asleep.
See, you did it again. Quoted and replied. You're a special kind of stupid bless you x x

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
See, you did it again. Quoted and replied. You're a special kind of stupid bless you x x

Interesting you would say that, as this particular conversation began with you quoting me, in a post that wasn't addressed to you, to say this -

If you are not here to learn from the people who know better than you, why are you here?

It's certainly not to contribute anything meaningful, as the way you talk about MA makes you sound like a 13 year old whose MA experience consists of masturbating over Bruce Lee films and playing Street Fughter II Turbo Edition.

..which is an example of why I generally skip your posts. Angry key mashing nonsense.

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Interesting you would say that, as this particular conversation began with you quoting me, in a post that wasn't addressed to you, to say this -

..which is an example of why I generally skip your posts. Angry key mashing nonsense.
And replying. again, to posts you don't reply to.

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Where as someone who spends all his time training for consensual sparring, and does not devote one single second of his training time to SD, such as yourself, (I spend about an hour a day hitting the bag and shadow boxing, and go in once a week for a 4 hour sparring/pads session with my group) is clearly far more knowledgable on the subject.

It would be funny if it weren't so worrying that you think preparing for a consensual sporting contest prepares you for SD. Career criminals do not engage in mutually consensual one v one sparring in order to decide if they get to mug, rape or kill their victim. Criminal violence is different to two skilled/trained martial artists trying to score points on a judges score card. What would you do if your 80 year old Gran was worried about having her handbag stolen, tell her to join a boxing club? Unfortunately nothing anyone can say will dissuade you from your delusion. Only waking up in a hospital bed thinking WTF will make you realise, but by then it's too late.

I said I generally skip your posts unless you quote me in them. Do you actually read replies?
Yes.

Did you actually read the post, or did you just quote it as usual and then reply to what you think it's says rather than what it actually says. That is what my post refers to. Its quite simple. I don't understand your confusion, unless English is not your first language.

Anyway, I have neither the time nor the crayons to keep explaing things to people who will never understand them as long as they have a brown hole their ****. Particularly the ones who has contributed significantly to the dumbing down of the site since they joined. Welcome to my ignore list, any goodbye.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Where as someone who spends all his time training for consensual sparring, and does not devote one single second of his training time to SD, such as yourself, (I spend about an hour a day hitting the bag and shadow boxing, and go in once a week for a 4 hour sparring/pads session with my group) is clearly far more knowledgable on the subject.

It would be funny if it weren't so worrying that you think preparing for a consensual sporting contest prepares you for SD. Career criminals do not engage in mutually consensual one v one sparring in order to decide if they get to mug, rape or kill their victim. Criminal violence is different to two skilled/trained martial artists trying to score points on a judges score card. What would you do if your 80 year old Gran was worried about having her handbag stolen, tell her to join a boxing club? Unfortunately nothing anyone can say will dissuade you from your delusion. Only waking up in a hospital bed thinking WTF will make you realise, but by then it's too late.

Yes.

Did you actually read the post, or did you just quote it as usual and then reply to what you think it's says rather than what it actually says. That is what my post refers to. Its quite simple. I don't understand your confusion, unless English is not your first language.

Anyway, I have neither the time nor the crayons to keep explaing things to people who will never understand them as long as they have a brown hole their ****. Particularly the ones who has contributed significantly to the dumbing down of the site since they joined. Welcome to my ignore list, any goodbye.
lol

It's been a lovely discussion.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don't think they're still currently in production, but you can still find them on some websites. Here's a link
Thanks. I'll see if a store near me has some so I can test them out before buying.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If mine were in my car, I could drop them by tomorrow on my way home from Alpharetta. Unfortunately they are in storage where I teach.
Thanks for the thought. How are you enjoying your visit Georgia?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyway, I have neither the time nor the crayons to keep explaing things to people who will never understand them as long as they have a brown hole their ****. Particularly the ones who has contributed significantly to the dumbing down of the site since they joined. Welcome to my ignore list, any goodbye

What I find interesting in your exchanges with him is that he doesn't accuse you of 'emotionalism', call you patronising names or talk down to you in the way he does with me, the misogyny is obvious. The aggressive trolling on his part though is obvious though. I don't think he will stick around for long though, once he's argued with most posters he'll be off looking for a new site to annoy.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Yes.

Paul, this is your ussual rant about,sd and as ussual you are both right and wrong dependent on context, there is a world of difference between sd for a 80 yo and sd for a young fit person, just as there is a world of,difference between the,sexes,

sd must have an element of situation so awareness and not putting yourself in danger, but how far you need to take that is very much down to your own physical abilities, and some times danger just comes and finds you no matter how careful you are

and your correct that a lot of ma doesn't prepare you for the sudden all out violence of an attack, especially an attack by someone who is more physically able than you. Who just walks though your punches,and picks you up by the neck

the answer, is to be,as physically able as you can that way the number of people who can just over power you is limited, and to work very hard at your skills of the basics, that's punching kicking and movement,

its risk reduction, the less you get yourself in dangerous,situation and the more able you are, the lower your chance of ending up in a hospital bed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.