Defense Against Mace

dungeonworks

Black Belt
Reaction score
...Going back to mace - it is pointless to build a resistance to it, because you would have to start doing that for every poison in the world. And like I said, many muggers in the UK prefer to use acid or a strong liquid detergent/bleach to spray people in the eyes

The only thing you can do (which has been suggested previously on this topic) is just to keep an eye on your opponents hands and don't let him go for his pockets

This is common in countries that have a total ban on guns and a good point for the anti-gunners to grasp. Bad guys are BAD GUYS and will improvise. I'd rather face a gun or knife than face total blindness! They also do this on ocassion to women in Muslim lands. If a woman is not wearing her burkha in public, some extremist's toss acid in their face.

Isn't the mace they use in the states nothing more than Cayenne Pepper oil? I think the chemica. stuff is illegal but that could be just in Michigan. In that case, yes, one can fight through it if you can get over the initial shock. Ask any LEO, they are sure to have a story or three.

dungeonworks

Black Belt
Reaction score
Eru Ilúvatar;1114154 said:
You'd rather be dead than blind?

Hard to answer that one. Not everyone that gets shot or stabbed dies. I can deal with scars, but acid in the face? Barbaric!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Going back to mace - it is pointless to build a resistance to it, because you would have to start doing that for every poison in the world. And like I said, many muggers in the UK prefer to use acid or a strong liquid detergent/bleach to spray people in the eyes

The bored ghetto youth over here were doing just that one Summer for laughs, they filled one of those Super Soaker guns with a bleach and water mixture...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Come on guys we are getting way off the orginial subject matter...

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
Pepper spray, well.....it has its purpose. That purpose just isn't that of a "fight-stopper" unless one is lucky enough to fall into the 50-ish percent of the time it works, against a less committed attacker.

Pepper spray is used when you have a chance to use it so that, when it fails to stop them and you now have to shoot/carve them, it's much easier to prove justifiable self defense in court because now there's evidence on them of you having tried to exhaust all nonlethal options first and they just weren't enough. THAT's why you carry it.

But, if you're stupid enough to bet your life on nothing but a can of seasoning, that's your business, however I am NOT stupid enough to follow your example.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Pepper spray, well.....it has its purpose. That purpose just isn't that of a "fight-stopper" unless one is lucky enough to fall into the 50-ish percent of the time it works, against a less committed attacker.

Pepper spray is used when you have a chance to use it so that, when it fails to stop them and you now have to shoot/carve them, it's much easier to prove justifiable self defense in court because now there's evidence on them of you having tried to exhaust all nonlethal options first and they just weren't enough. THAT's why you carry it.

But, if you're stupid enough to bet your life on nothing but a can of seasoning, that's your business, however I am NOT stupid enough to follow you.

Hey as guy (an LEO) that works for a friend of mine (LEO supervisor) found out... it works great on Bees....just don't stand down wind...OUCH!!! Try explaining that one to the Chief

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

But, if you're stupid enough to bet your life on nothing but a can of seasoning, that's your business, however I am NOT stupid enough to follow your example.

And you have to have the oppertunity to deploy it..

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Great so use the pepper spray first. Then i can Iron palm their face if thats failed.

Latest Discussions