What do you guys drive?

P

PeachMonkey

kenpo tiger said:
Seriously, is it your first Saab or are you a repeat offender like some of the rest of us? KT
The '84 is my first Saab, but I'll be back. I really wanted a 9-3 Viggen, but I couldn't justify it.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Galvatron said:
3800 Superchargers? No no no the Supercharger is an Eaton unit. The engine is the "3800 Series II" V6, which displaces 262 cubic inches/ 3.8 liters (or 3800 cc's)

The Grand Prix model which is equipped with said engine is the GTP trim level, not the GT model (the GT has the naturally aspirated version of the 3.8). They are peppy cars, but will NOT hang with the "big boys" in stock form. They can be made to haul some butt though with time and money.

You are correct they are actually an Eaton product that GMPT puts out as an standard option. I did make a msitake on the trim level for the GTP. My apologies.

As to hanging with the big boys, I know I when I drive them, I could make them hang with any V8, Ford, Chrysler or GM, and even some of the Germans. Now hang with from stop light to stop light, or around 60 to 70 depending upon model you are up against. They do run out of steam as they have four gears and many of the others are manuals with 6 gears. My 3800 Series II NASP Firebird, and I piss off lots of 5.0 Mustangs, and upset lots of the Corvette guys as well, and some of the older muscle cars as well. Yes I have 5 gears to their 6, and yes I at 80 they are pulling away slowly, yet not fast enough for many of their minds to justify the price difference. I was playing with a 5.0 Stang and yes at 120 mph, when my car was runing out and his was still going, yet he had run out of room on the road. He slows down and holds up 8 fingers, I shake my head and hold up 6. His girl friend just laughs and he takes the next exit.

Back to Eaton, you can also check out the after market kits, that get that 3800 Series II making 275 to 285 HP wtih the stage one kit, or upwards of 315 HP, if you also not only change the pulley and the intake and the exhaust. Not bad for a little V6 ;). I also never said it would always beat the big boys, just hang long enough to make them ask questions.

Good info

:asian:

G

Galvatron

You have a Naturally aspirated V6 Firebird and you claim to hang with Corvettes and Mustang 5.0's?? I'm gonna hafta call "BS" on that one. Not unless you're going up against late 70's or early 80's models that were putting out a whopping 150-190HP.
You have a car that on a good day, running downhill with a strong tailwind will run mid 15's in the 1/4 mile.
:nuke:

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
PeachMonkey said:
The '84 is my first Saab, but I'll be back. I really wanted a 9-3 Viggen, but I couldn't justify it.
I hear you. As it is, mine is quick enough to make my gums bleed when the turbocharger kicks in. Love that!

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
I drive a '04 Alaska Green VW Jetta :boing2: which I just bought today (well bank bought and I pay off, but can't beat 0.9% finacing. :partyon: )

Sunroof and power windows, Manual transmission, 2.0L 115 HP engine...not much but more than my last car....no supercharger for me :ultracool .

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I drive...ahem...a Dodge Grand Caravan that is quite literally on its last legs. With three kids, four martial arts bags, emergency kits, and landlording supplies, I require a larger rig than a sedan, though I could be quite happy with a hybrid.

BTW - I strongly discourage anyone from owning a Chrysler product...strongly. The radiator on the V6 engine in my hunk o' junk is smaller than the one in my hubby's Honda 4-banger Prelude and is designed such that a larger radiator can't be installed, so I'm stuck with an inferior product due to design flaw.

Did I say you really shouldn't own one of these? OH, ok...you really shouldn't own one of these. :)

FUZZYJ692000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Chronuss said:
I have an '88 four-cylinder rice burner, or more commonly known as an Accord...there's a thread around here somewhere where a few of my...associates...decided to wrap it in tin foil...oy. it was suggested to me that I should've driven it as is...least I woulda known that the cop wasn't pulling me over for speeding...radar wouldn't have picked it up.

HA, i actually found the thread it went to...we had way to much fun on that...must think of new evil things to do to that car or the owner :EG:

let's see i drive anything i can get my hands on. i mostly drive my dad's jeep wrangler, gas hog. can't wait for my motor to be done so i can start driving my 64 1/2 mustang, not that bad of gas. or if i'm lucky i get my dad's f250, and it is a diesel so it doesn't take case :wink2:

P

ParrotheadTPA

98 Ford F-150...considering getting a Volvo S-40. Although Ford is putting the Escape out in a Hybrid this coming year.

Latest Discussions