NBA Champions

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
After watching that debacle last night I give props to the Pistons. As a long time, and die hard Laker fan I am completely depressed after watching that mean and total *** kicking that the Lakes took last night and through out the series for that matter.

Now is the time for the Lake Show to re-tool, re-arm, and re-up Kobe and bring the BLING-BLING and the Larry O'Brien trophy back home here to L.A. where it rightfully belongs... %-}

BTW, they need to unload the Glove, he was a total distraction and a cancer on the team with his sniveling and gripping. D-Fisher, and the Mail Man Malone showed the most heart and put in the most effort for the team this season. They were the heart and soul of the LA Lakers. I hope they both come back next fall to reclaim what they truly deserve, an NBA championship. :asian:

R

RCastillo

cali_tkdbruin said:
After watching that debacle last night I give props to the Pistons. As a long time, and die hard Laker fan I am completely depressed after watching that mean and total *** kicking that the Lakes took last night and through out the series for that matter.

Now is the time for the Lake Show to re-tool, re-arm, and re-up Kobe and bring the BLING-BLING and the Larry O'Brien trophy back home here to L.A. where it rightfully belongs... %-}

BTW, they need to unload the Glove, he was a total distraction and a cancer on the team with his sniveling and gripping. D-Fisher, and the Mail Man Malone showed the most heart and put in the most effort for the team this season. They were the heart and soul of the LA Lakers. I hope they both come back next fall to reclaim what they truly deserve, an NBA championship. :asian:

I liked the Lakers of old better. These guys have no heart, and they're only mercenaries looking for more money. Just outright selfish on, and off the court. I guess you can blame the owners/admimistration for that.:asian:

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
As a Portland Jailblazer...oops, Trailblazer fan, I am so happy that the Lakers got the butt whipping they so richly deserve. Yeehah!!!!!

Ecstatically Yours,
Dan Anderson
:partyon:

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The better TEAM won. You have to love the no-superstar, hard working underdog, stick together, rags to riches story of the Pistons. They did it 'the right way"!

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
In a team sport, the better team will win. Otherwise, the team with the best individual players and supporting cast will do the job. The Chicago Bulls functioned quite well as a team as did the old Lakers and Celtics. Congratulations to the Pistons.*

Yours,
Dan Anderson

*With the exception of Rasheed Wallace who was the NBA's prime butthead when he was with the Trailblazers. He didn't decide to play team ball until he went to Detroit. He should have his eyes burned out with hot pokers. Or at the very least duct taped to a chair and forced to listen to Barry Manilow at a high volume.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisandyz said:
The better TEAM won. You have to love the no-superstar, hard working underdog, stick together, rags to riches story of the Pistons. They did it 'the right way"!

I am from Michigan, and I do not follow basketball at all, so no favorite team.

The funny thing I noticed though, was the fans and media all saying how the Lakers had lost the game(s).

Nothing about, a low scoring game (* Good defense *), or the single game the lakers won at the last second by a point, (* Good hussle by Lakers *), and a five game series.

Now, the egos will come out in Detroit, and they will have to show if next year if they are the better team. The Lakers did dominate, they deserve their praise as well.

Just my thoughts.
:asian:

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
The Lakers did dominate, they deserve their praise as well.

Dominate? If you mean this series, they were completely out of it from game 1. Detroit was the dominant team.

If you mean the season/postseason leading up to the Finals? They did play well (they were the favorites), but I wouldn't say dominated, Minnesota was very close.

If you mean for the past 3 or 4 years? Yes, they did have a good run at it, but thats pretty much over with the changes they will be going through.

as far a s giving props to the Lakers, they're fortunate to get as far as they did with all the stuff going on internally. They just hit a wall with Detroit's defense.

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Rikki,

The Lakers did not dominate. No whips or leathers from them. :lol:
Detroit throttled the Lakers offense. Nothing pretty but effective.
Like Bruce Lee said, "Boards don't hit back." What the hell that has to do with anything I don't know but I wanted to write it in here. Maybe the JKD guys will make sense of it.

Party on, Garth.

Dan

P

progressivetactics

another detroiter here.. Happy our hard working, blue collar team did it.
The news coverage and all the sports analysts really did themselves proud by reporting how it would be a sweep of detroit, or at best Lakers in 5. Nice going ABC and ESPN fools. This team has been building and improving...and TEAM is exactly what it was. Rasheed couldn't get along with anyone anywhere. TaeShaun was passed up by 22 teams last years draft. Rip and Chauncey had attitudes..It was a team that shouldn't have gone anywhere according to the press... But Not the case. They were a team..A team that loved the city and the city loved them. I enjoyed watching all the post season games on the TV and seeing the New Bad Boys coming back after a 15 year break.
Of course, that is just my opinion.. I'm a hockey fan!

bb

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
progressivetactics said:
another detroiter here.. .. I'm a hockey fan!

Speaking of which, if was Bill Davidson, owner of Detroit (NBA champs) AND the Tampa Bay Lightning (NHL champs), i'd go out and buy some lotto tickets! (although he probably doesn't need the money).

S

SenseiGR

Cali TKDBruin: Thanks for giving us props. It's nice to know all Laker fans aren't so arrogant they thought it was just the Lakers not playing right vs. the Pistons just kicking their butt.

Joe Dumars deserves the MVP award for building the team in his image. He's a total class individual who put the team first every time. If Shaq would stay in shape, Kobe stay out of jail and stop jacking up stupid shots just to get his points and SOMEONE, ANYONE else step up maybe they can contend next year.

And Mr. Anderson: You made it sound like hot pokers in the eyes would be worse that Barry Manilow at high volume!?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisandyz said:
Rich Parsons said:
The Lakers did dominate, they deserve their praise as well.

Dominate? If you mean this series, they were completely out of it from game 1. Detroit was the dominant team.

If you mean the season/postseason leading up to the Finals? They did play well (they were the favorites), but I wouldn't say dominated, Minnesota was very close.

If you mean for the past 3 or 4 years? Yes, they did have a good run at it, but thats pretty much over with the changes they will be going through.

as far a s giving props to the Lakers, they're fortunate to get as far as they did with all the stuff going on internally. They just hit a wall with Detroit's defense.

Did Dominate, as in past tense. They have had their victories, and many people believed it was in the bag based upon past performances.

Not the this series or playoffs, previous seasons, repeatedly making playoffs and even winning a few.

That is what I meant

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Did Dominate, as in past tense. They have had their victories, and many people believed it was in the bag based upon past performances.

Not the this series or playoffs, previous seasons, repeatedly making playoffs and even winning a few.

That is what I meant

Got ya, thats what i thought! It will be interesting what changes the Lakers will make for next season.

P

progressivetactics

dont forget the WNBA shock Mr. Davidson owns. I think they have been the Champs every year the WNBA existed. Mr. Davidson knows how to pick em! :)

For those who missed this kind, generous, 70 something, mild mannered, every day granpa looking guy at the parade- He WON everyone over with his speech about Detroit, The lakers and the fans.
He is a class guy with an eye for what is right!

Proud to be a detroiter!

bb

OP
cali_tkdbruin

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Andi said:
Isn't Kobe talking about packing up? Where would he go?

Nowhere else. Not New York, Memphis, or across the hallway to the the LA Flippers, err the Clippers! He belongs here where he's been since he was 17 years old. He belongs at home here with the Lakers. He belongs in the Purple & Gold Armor, and rightly so! Kobe is a Laker through and through. If Dr. Buss, Mitch Kupchak and Magic Johnson do anything right this summer they'll resign Kobe.