What do you guys drive?

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have a sports sedan, but being involved in the martial arts, sometimes its a little cramped. If it were just my stuff it would be fine, but not only do i need to carry my own stuff, I need to carry a supply of sticks, knives, shirts and other equipment to sell to students on a daily basis. I was thinking of trading for a Honda Element or other small SUV that got decent gas milage but provided the space I need. It would also be a good vehicle for putting school graphics on. It also be cool to have the option to sleep in it when going to Martial Arts seminars. Its a bit strange looking, but the utilty and funtionality is great. What do you think?

Thanks

Andy

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think you're right. Very strange looking. But Honda makes good equipment. You can put miles and miles on a Honda. You'll probably get good value out of it.

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a little Civic. It's great - a LEV, good mileage, safe. I think any of the mini-SUVs by either Honda or Toyota would be a good bet - they have good safety ratings, I think, and get good mileage for their size.

M

makaman

I drive a Silverado SS. I agree that an Element would serve your purpose.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I drive a 94 chevy conversion van around town. As to what I drive to the dojo it's a 2002 international tractor/1984 Great Dane 45' trailer. I drive the chevy to the terminal, pick up my loaded truck, drive to the dojo, train, get back in my truck and continue my run. My bosses are great about my addiction and have even had one of my supervisors come and watch a seminar. I only get about 6 1/2 miles to the gallon in tractor and am damn glad that I have a company fuel card for the thing. I can't imagine being an owner/operator running 4000 miles a week and haveing to pay for my own fuel.

OP
arnisandyz

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
theletch1 said:
I can't imagine being an owner/operator running 4000 miles a week and haveing to pay for my own fuel.

Damn...especially with high gas prices these days!

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I drive a Grand Am and haven't had a problem with space, but for the things you are looking for I would say the smaller SUVs would be great. Check out the Equinox, Escape (I like the new hybrid version), the Santa Fe, and the Vue. I only know about these because my parents are just now looking at them. If you are thinking about the Element, then you must not mind the looks of the think, in that case why not the Aztec. It has the tent extension on it for sleeping in.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisandyz said:
I have a sports sedan, but being involved in the martial arts, sometimes its a little cramped. If it were just my stuff it would be fine, but not only do i need to carry my own stuff, I need to carry a supply of sticks, knives, shirts and other equipment to sell to students on a daily basis. I was thinking of trading for a Honda Element or other small SUV that got decent gas milage but provided the space I need. It would also be a good vehicle for putting school graphics on. It also be cool to have the option to sleep in it when going to Martial Arts seminars. Its a bit strange looking, but the utilty and funtionality is great. What do you think?

Thanks

Andy

Haha... try carrying a bag of training weapons on the back of a motorcycle somtime! Im just glad the biggest weapon I have to take is a boken, not like a Bo or Naginata! :D

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Toyota has a new 'One Price' product offering called the 'SCION' ..... you may not have seen them in your neighborhood yet ... the 'SCION 2' looks a lot like that ugly Honda ... may be priced a bit cheaper ... and both Toyota's and Honda are like the energizer bunny .... going and going and going ...

A bit more traditional, very flexible and reasonably priced .... take a look at the Mazda MPV. Smaller than most minivans ... but not rebate for alternative fuel like the new Escape.

Mike

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisandyz said:

Thanks

Andy

Andy,

Check out the 2004 and 2005 Saturn VUE's V6 version. They have a Honda Powertrain. Also as OULobo pointed out check out the Equinox by Chevrolet. It has a real nice sliding rear seat, and wide doors to get items in and out of the back seat. Plus the rear storage.

The Element would serve the purpose, shop around and find the one you want and can afford.

As to what I drive, I have three vehicles, SLT extended cab GMC Seirra, Convertible Firebird, and Honda Sabre :D.

:asian:

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
1994 Lincoln Mak 8!

330+ horsepower, lotsof customizations (under the hood that is)

as fast as a Mustang (and faster than most) and as comfortable as a Town Car!

(these pics are not of mine, but the only differences are, mine does not have the wing on the back; and my windows are tinted so dark, I could develop film in the back seat...)

94markviii_steve_zipoff_front.JPG

94markviii_steve_zipoff_rear.JPG

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
KenpoTess said:
'Mere You~!!!
-vampfeed-

I get chauffered *smirks*
Using my ever increasing skill of proper distancing thanks to my aikido training I shall not get anywhere close enough to get "poked". :uhyeah:

A

Andi

With any luck, my first car will be an MG ZR in a month or two...

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
Toyota has a new 'One Price' product offering called the 'SCION' ..... you may not have seen them in your neighborhood yet ... the 'SCION 2' looks a lot like that ugly Honda ... may be priced a bit cheaper ... and both Toyota's and Honda are like the energizer bunny .... going and going and going ...

A bit more traditional, very flexible and reasonably priced .... take a look at the Mazda MPV. Smaller than most minivans ... but not rebate for alternative fuel like the new Escape.

Mike

I like the Scion! I was looking at that really really ugly box shaped one!

Eldritch Knight

Blue Belt
Reaction score
An '01 Civic coupe. Compact, reliable, and has enough length to hold my bo (if I put it at a diagonal).

Latest Discussions