What do you do against high grip?

Danniwell

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
You know that high grip that bothers you?
That one I put an alternative that I use and teach to my students to escape this grip.

What do you think?
Do you do something different? Let me know!

Youtube Channel:
Youtube.com/@kaizenkanjudo

Instagram
Instagram.com/kaizenkanjudo

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I love to get involved in throwing art discussion. But you usually start a thread and just disappear. Not sure if I sidetrack your thread too far away from what you originally intend to discuss or not. If that was what I did, I apology for it. But if you don't say anything, I won't know.

Not too many people in this forum want to get involve with throwing art discussion. I really hope you can stay.

Last edited:
OP
D

Danniwell

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I wasn't sure what you were talking about, but I see that my previous thread has a lot of replies, and I hadn't seen that. I usually reply when I get a notification that my thread has been answered.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm more talking about the thread "Understanding about angles".

But I think I can understand your point. When I have nothing more to say, I won't say anything either.

So, in this thread. What do you mean "against high grip"? Are you talking about how to:

- take advantage on, or
- break apart,

your opponent's collar grip?

Last edited:

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I like the way that you use your left upper leg to bounce your opponent's right leg back. I usually use my left shin bone instead. This way, I don't have to step in too close to my opponent.

Sometimes I like to use my right knee to strike the inside of my opponent's right upper leg. Not sure it's allowed in judo or not.

Last edited:
OP
D

Danniwell

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I like the way that you use your left upper leg to bounce your opponent's right leg back. I usually use my left shin bone instead. This way, I don't have to step in too close to my opponent.

Sometimes I like to use my right knee to strike the inside of my opponent's right upper leg. Not sure it's allowed in judo or not.
I think this is not allowed. Kicks, shins and knees are not allowed in judo. Sometimes by accident it happens, but you can be punished for it. That's why I use my thigh, I don't hurt my opponent.