What do you believe is the powerful technique in unarmed, martial arts combat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Doesn't get more powerful than the Goldberg Jackhammer:
There is no MA technique that's more powerful than the "head smashing".

head-smash-dummy.gif

Last edited:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Peter Graham's rolling thunder.

I actually had a mate of mine try this in a fight.

Or the head hunters spinning heel.

OP
I

InfiniteLoop

Black Belt
Reaction score
For people with sleeping issues, this is better than an ambien. I think it’s the extra back support that makes it the most powerful kick.

wab25

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
He didn't really "spin", meaning there's no torque to it, he's much smaller than me,. etc.
So, you don't like Cung Le's kicks...
For people with sleeping issues, this is better than an ambien. I think it’s the extra back support that makes it the most powerful kick.

Please, educate me. Compare and contrast your kick with the one Cung Le used on Scott Smith. I must be missing something... because I obviously have a difference of opinion on whose kick was better. Perhaps if you would educate me here, it would help.

OP
I

InfiniteLoop

Black Belt
Reaction score
So, you don't like Cung Le's kicks...

Please, educate me. Compare and contrast your kick with the one Cung Le used on Scott Smith. I must be missing something... because I obviously have a difference of opinion on whose kick was better. Perhaps if you would educate me here, it would help.
His wasn't engaged. He was half turned and slapped with the foot. I didn't say my kicks are better than his... I was only talking about the kick you linked.

wab25

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
He was half turned
He kicked with his leading leg. Which means it had to travel a further distance than your back leg spinning kick. Didn't you say when the leg moves farther, it has more power?

His wasn't engaged.
What do you mean by this? He figured out Scott's movement, used his own movement to create an opening and was able to deliver his kick on target... a long developing kick. After the kick, Cung Le was on balance and in position to continue to attack. What do you mean he was not engaged?
He was half turned and slapped with the foot.
Are you saying he did not have power? He certainly took Scott off his feet and bounced him off the cage. There was a lot more power delivered in that kick than what was demonstrated in your bedroom.

OP
I

InfiniteLoop

Black Belt
Reaction score
obviously have a difference of opinion on whose kick was better.

He kicked with his leading leg. Which means it had to travel a further distance than your back leg spinning kick. Didn't you say when the leg moves farther, it has more power?

What do you mean by this? He figured out Scott's movement, used his own movement to create an opening and was able to deliver his kick on target... a long developing kick. After the kick, Cung Le was on balance and in position to continue to attack. What do you mean he was not engaged?

Are you saying he did not have power? He certainly took Scott off his feet and bounced him off the cage. There was a lot more power delivered in that kick than what was demonstrated in your bedroom.

You are confusing his step-in. The step in didn't add any power. It wasn't a spin it was a turn with his leg stepping in. Two different motions. And I can't see how it landed.

wab25

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You are confusing his step-in. The step in didn't add any power.
Now I am confused. Stepping into a technique adds power to it. Why is this one different?
It wasn't a spin it was a turn with his leg stepping in.
Explain the difference between a 360 degree spin and a 360 degree turn? If you are going to say that a spin is tighter and Cung Le was not tight enough to be a spin, wouldn't that mean his foot traveled farther, thus generating more power?
And I can't see how it landed.
You are the one who claimed he slapped with his foot... Were you wrong? Since you can't see how it landed, how did you determine he slapped?

OP
I

InfiniteLoop

Black Belt
Reaction score
Now I am confused. Stepping into a technique adds power to it. Why is this one different?

Explain the difference between a 360 degree spin and a 360 degree turn? If you are going to say that a spin is tighter and Cung Le was not tight enough to be a spin, wouldn't that mean his foot traveled farther, thus generating more power?

You are the one who claimed he slapped with his foot... Were you wrong? Since you can't see how it landed, how did you determine he slapped?

The difference between a turn and a spin is velocity, in that a spin is in done as one unit of continous and accelerating motion. Physics isn't different for bedroom warriors. I spun in my clip, he turned. A step-in of the sorts he did there does not add anything in terms of kinetic energy. It's a feint and a positioning maneuver.

OP
I

InfiniteLoop

Black Belt
Reaction score
Reverse roundhouse kick 35:13

Mine is better. I don't think his is good enough for an instructional tbh..

letsplaygames

Orange Belt
Reaction score

What do you believe is the powerful technique in unarmed, martial arts combat?​

FOOT TO PAVMENT FU!

DTACTUSA Larry

White Belt
Reaction score
I hate to state the obvious, but...

"What do you believe is the powerful technique in unarmed, martial arts combat?":

The proper and appropriate use of your experience, training, and skills.

No individual technique will win a fight if it is improperly used. Properly applied de-escalation skills and properly applied defensive tactics rarely are a single technique.​

OP
I

InfiniteLoop

Black Belt
Reaction score
He is faster than you even in the video.
I will give you a chance to prove your worth. Why is this a fundamentally a better reverse roundhouse kick I threw here than his?

It has nothing to do with speed.... I don't think you can answer it. There are several reasons but name one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions