What do you believe is the powerful technique in unarmed, martial arts combat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So, you don't like Cung Le's kicks...

Please, educate me. Compare and contrast your kick with the one Cung Le used on Scott Smith. I must be missing something... because I obviously have a difference of opinion on whose kick was better. Perhaps if you would educate me here, it would help.

On the subject of raw power. I think this version is better.

wab25

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I will give you a chance to prove your worth. Why is this a fundamentally a better reverse roundhouse kick I threw here than his?

It has nothing to do with speed.... I don't think you can answer it. There are several reasons but name one.

I'll give you a few reasons as to why yours is better...
  1. The slow motion effect at the end of the kick
  2. The lower placement of the camera to add height to the kick
  3. You tighten your arms to your body, and never return them to a guard position
  4. You recover into an unnatural crossed leg stance
  5. You straighten your base leg, and keep it straight, even into the cross leg stance afterwards
  6. Your focus is lost once your foot hits the "target", why keep focus during the recovery portion
  7. You bounce down just before you kick, its a great "tell" so we know its about to happen
  8. You fall off balance once your base leg straightens, that other guy didn't do that...
  9. The way you immediately turn your head away from your target... that starts even before the bounce
All great reasons why your kick is way better than that other guys. Should I go on?

OP
I

InfiniteLoop

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'll give you a few reasons as to why yours is better...
  1. The slow motion effect at the end of the kick
  2. The lower placement of the camera to add height to the kick
  3. You tighten your arms to your body, and never return them to a guard position
  4. You recover into an unnatural crossed leg stance
  5. You straighten your base leg, and keep it straight, even into the cross leg stance afterwards
  6. Your focus is lost once your foot hits the "target", why keep focus during the recovery portion
  7. You bounce down just before you kick, its a great "tell" so we know its about to happen
  8. You fall off balance once your base leg straightens, that other guy didn't do that...
  9. The way you immediately turn your head away from your target... that starts even before the bounce
All great reasons why your kick is way better than that other guys. Should I go on?
No those weren't it. His balance was way off even before his foot reached it's intended target, it came short of the target (underrotation), etc. Being that his balance was off from the start, whatever power he had dissipated.

I have no problem going higher.

OP
I

InfiniteLoop

Black Belt
Reaction score
When you go for a circle, you don't stop at ten o'clock. You go for 12 0'clock and you rotate as much as possible before the leg gets into action to ensure full hip engagement.

How the arms are kept, feets are standing, are all contextual, not fundamental. My points above are fundamental,not contextual

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I will give you a chance to prove your worth. Why is this a fundamentally a better reverse roundhouse kick I threw here than his?

It has nothing to do with speed.... I don't think you can answer it. There are several reasons but name one.

You are a SLOW pathetic troll. You know this deep down, so you deflect, and show your sad little videos. You try to pick virtual fights with legitimate martial artists in hopes that someone will take notice and validate your fantasy of who you wish you were. The sad fact is that you will never get far because you can’t see past your ego. How many people have to tell you that you are full of manure before you take the hint? At some point you need to shut up and start squaring yourself away. I hope you get it together someday, before you meet a bigger fish in your little pond. Good luck! You need it.

auntlisa1103

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Whatever gets the job done faster and simpler, for an on-street encounter. All it REALLY takes is a snap kick or side kick to the groin or knee. Spin kicks and jump kicks look cool and all, but as someone who is blind on one side and doesn’t manage rotation well, I’m going to reach for simplicity, effectiveness, and my own ability to execute.

OP
I

InfiniteLoop

Black Belt
Reaction score
You are a SLOW pathetic troll. You know this deep down, so you deflect, and show your sad little videos. You try to pick virtual fights with legitimate martial artists in hopes that someone will take notice and validate your fantasy of who you wish you were. The sad fact is that you will never get far because you can’t see past your ego. How many people have to tell you that you are full of manure before you take the hint? At some point you need to shut up and start squaring yourself away. I hope you get it together someday, before you meet a bigger fish in your little pond. Good luck! You need it.

Triggered

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
When you go for a circle, you don't stop at ten o'clock. You go for 12 0'clock and you rotate as much as possible before the leg gets into action to ensure full hip engagement.

How the arms are kept, feets are standing, are all contextual, not fundamental. My points above are fundamental,not contextual
Just admit you suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions