You Know You've Been In the Martial Arts Too Long When...

O

Oak Bo

How bout, you continually have to remember to put your shoes on everytime you leave the house, cuz you're alway's finding yourself walking out in the street barefoot.

:asian:

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
when rather then checking your hair in the mirror you check your stance

OP
Sarah

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
Calling in sick for work because you have injured your self AGAIN.

When you Mother-in-law stops saying hows Kung Fu and gets the correct art.

Samurai

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I was at a "Haunted House" about three years ago. Someone reached out and grabbed my shoulder and I applied a perfect wrist lock on them. I was complete reflex, but funny to see a guy in a monster mask screaming in pain from a perfect wrist lock.

Have I been in the Martial Arts too long?
Thanks,
Jeremy Bays
http://www.WoodlandArchery.com

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
man similer things have happened to me...i was at mejiers and my mom came behind me wile i was checking out a new CD that i was gonna buy she puts her hand on my shoulder and I got her in a wrist lock....funny part was is that i got ain a little trouble for it...She just complained...later she said "well at least I am getting my Money's worth from your karate" So she was cool about it.

Today I was in Gym in fact I =just got out and we played this game in the wresling room so the floor was padded...anyways this guy tried to jump over me for the ball and I made him do a complete filp, (Grabbed by the hands and rolled backward)....he was pissed....he played a litle harder but that was about it....he relized later that what i did was awesome and he would like it if I where on HIS team next time....i guess he don't wanna get flipped again.

OP
Sarah

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
Love it...........I would say you have been in MA just long enough! LOL, great story.

Samurai said:
I was at a "Haunted House" about three years ago. Someone reached out and grabbed my shoulder and I applied a perfect wrist lock on them. I was complete reflex, but funny to see a guy in a monster mask screaming in pain from a perfect wrist lock.

Have I been in the Martial Arts too long?
Thanks,
Jeremy Bays
http://www.WoodlandArchery.com

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
When you see your instructor, start your greeting in english, then stumble through various phrases in three different asian dialects, before you tell him to "Bow to Sensei" LOL

YouAgain

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yeah I was in the deans office at school choosing clases for next year, she was like "You realize if you take these six subjects you will have over 8 exams at the end of the year" and I'm like "Hai" So embaricing!

OP
Sarah

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
Excellent.......a little of topic, but are you signing up for our next Fyte Nyte??? we have some young guys that could use a good butt kicking from a Karate guy like yourself!!

YouAgain said:
Yeah I was in the deans office at school choosing clases for next year, she was like "You realize if you take these six subjects you will have over 8 exams at the end of the year" and I'm like "Hai" So embaricing!

YouAgain

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sarah said:
Excellent.......a little of topic, but are you signing up for our next Fyte Nyte??? we have some young guys that could use a good butt kicking from a Karate guy like yourself!!

When is it?

OP
Sarah

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
Time for some more.... :)

1. You trip, go into a roll and come up in a fighting stance. In church.
  2. You tie your bathrobe belt in a square knot. Then check to make sure the ends are exactly even.
  3. Every time you handle a screwdriver or razor knife, etc., you just can't help changing grip from hammer to reverse to flip over to dagger grip etc. And your shop help is standing cautiously far, far away from you.

OP
Sarah

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
When you go into a stance to take a picture ...lol

Attachments

• $asianpics5.jpeg
    $asianpics5.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 204

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
When you kick off shoes or slippers and try to catch or stirke them in flight.

Or you practice your balance trying to put them on.

Latest Discussions