What do u think of this school ?

wck dallas

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
there is an "american ninjitsu" school down the street here, and with all the "contraversy" surrounding the art, I was wondering if some of the more knowledgable ppl here could take a look at the web site and let me know what you think. http://northtxninjutsu.com/index.html

Here is a copy/paste of the history :

"American Ninjutsu's roots go back to Togakure Ryu Ninjutsu. Mr. Robert Bussey pioneered Togakure Ryu in 1979, being one of the first two men to bring the art to the United States from Japan. Under the tutelage of Shihan Toshiro Nagato, Mr. Bussey received his instructor license from Soke Masaaki Hatsumi, 34th successor to the Togakure Ryu Ninjutsu tradition.

Robert Bussey disassociated himself from traditional Ninjutsu in 1988 and started Robert Bussey's Warrior International (RBWI).
Robert Bussey left traditional Ninjutsu for two reasons:

* Because of its foundation in eastern religious
beliefs, rather than Christianity.
* Some of the traditional movements were
impractical for a reality based martial art

In June of 1997, Robert Bussey retired and disbanded his organization.

In July of 1997, American Ninjutsu began being taught under the Personal Protection Concepts (PPC) organization. This new organization was founded by former RBWI sanctioned instructors who wanted to keep their ties with each other current, continue teaching practical self defense within biblical values, and continue to grow and pass on their knowledge. Personal Protection Concepts is managed by a Board of Instructors who are currently leading multiple schools across Texas and North Carolina."

thanks for any replies

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry, but most have already voiced opinions both directly and indirectly regarding Bussey and his "lineage". The question is now, do you want what they offer? If so, go train with them, if not, don't.

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Is Luke Molitor still teaching just North of Dallas?

That would be a far better choice.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hear nothing but good stuff about Luke Molitor. Jaime Garcia is very good too, but I don't have contact info for him.
And this won't be popular with the Bujinkan crowd, but Ralph Severe is good as well. He just doesn't play well with others. :p

OP
W

wck dallas

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
OK, so this school is questionable...to say the least ? I'll check into some of the other names mentioned...thanks.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but most have already voiced opinions both directly and indirectly regarding Bussey and his "lineage". The question is now, do you want what they offer? If so, go train with them, if not, don't.

Is Luke Molitor still teaching just North of Dallas?

That would be a far better choice.

I hear nothing but good stuff about Luke Molitor. Jaime Garcia is very good too, but I don't have contact info for him.
And this won't be popular with the Bujinkan crowd, but Ralph Severe is good as well. He just doesn't play well with others. :p

This is all good advice!
icon6.gif

OP
W

wck dallas

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
It seems any Luke Molitor links I have found are old/no longer correct.

anyone know the link to his website ? Allen Tx is about 1 1/2 hours away... but perhaps he knows of a more practical location on the south side of the metroplex.

Thanks for any help.

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Good, or "can fight"?

WesternCiv

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If you are in Tarrant County you have a Genbukan option as well - Fuga Dojo, near TCU (fugadojo.orgfree.com).

It all depends on what you are looking for - "american ninjutsu" can be a very effective art and of course it is much more western in it's presentation. OTOH it does not offer some of the historical and cultural roots that you'll find in any of the X-kans.

Good luck and let us know what route you decide to take.