Okay -- The Pajamas Are Off!

Obliquity

Green Belt
Reaction score
I've been out of town since my initial posts in the Lurkers thread. A friend had part of a kidney removed last Friday and I was in the Seattle area for a few days helping out with house-sitting, dog-walking, patient transporting . . . You get the point. :)

My participation in the Martial Arts goes way back, but is very inconsistent and marked with long periods of inactivity. Over the years I have done a little bit of TKD, Gojo Ryu, Shito Ryu, and RBWI (Robert Bussey Warrior International). I have recently started training with Sifu Joseph Simonet and Addy Hernandez at KI Fighting Concepts (www.kifightingconcepts.com) in Wenatchee, Washington. I am enjoying my workouts there and appreciate Mr. Simonet's tremendous depth of knowledge in several systems. We are going to transition into lots o' blade work, which I really enjoy.

I also have an interest in exploring Traditional Ninjutsu and am finding tons o' good stuff here on MartialTalk.

Other stuff about me: I like to cuddle. ;)

And fine cigars.:boing2:

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome, and happy posting! :wavey:

I look forward to future posts.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk!:ultracool

I have some of Mr. Simonets material. Very good stuff!

Mike

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT former lurker..

OP
Obliquity

Obliquity

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome! I really appreciate the wealth of knowledge here and look forward to the opportunity to exchange ideas and connect with some of you talented folks -- or even some of the less talented. :)

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
Addy Hernandez is amazing!
I have one of her instructional videos and have recommended it many times to students and workout partners. The way she presents punching techniques should be considered cardinal rules as far as I am concerned.

AoG

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, Obliquity. Your candor and honesty are notable; however, I'm not so sure about the pajama removal...

OP
Obliquity

Obliquity

Green Belt
Reaction score
I finally added an avatar. Just me enjoying one of my other hobbies. :) Nothing like sunshine, a hot latte, and a fine handrolled cigar!. This particular cigar was a gift from a friend celebrating the birth of a grandchild. Since then, I have removed the hair from my face and grown a mop.