What did Santa bring you?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
On some other forums I use, there is a tradition of a thread to brag on the gifts you got this year.

I got a new dobak from Moo Sool Sa. Black pants, white top with black collar and black diamonds.
Sue got a new dobak too, with a black collar. She can't wear it yet, but soon...
Sue also got a Glock 26 plus accessories.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I got a variety of gifts, however I got enough money to purchase a new gi. My old one has shrunk quite a bit, so I'll be ordering the new one tomorrow.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I got some books, a 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle of Route 66 and a single cup coffee drip thingy.
I also got clothes, good functional clothes - flannel lined dungarees (jeans), a cold weather shirt and some Acorn slipper socks - but clothes to a guy goes back to getting clothes from your aunt when you were a kid. You were looking for a truck and quickly unwrapped something else. :)

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
Santa is the ultimate stalker. If you think about it:
  • He knows when you're asleep.
  • He knows when you're awake.
  • He knows when you've been bad or good.
  • An once a year he breaks into your house and steals your milk and cookies.:)

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Besides the dobak I got a new set of HOG regulators for diving doubles.

Sent from an old fashioned 300 baud acoustic modem by whistling into the handset. Really.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Some music, ebooks, and restaurant gift cards. Really I enjoy more spending time with loved ones than any physical gifts and that happened in great measure so I am pleased.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I got love! :joyful::kiss: Seriously....got to spend time with friends on Christmas even and BF's family Christmas day. Best Christmas I have had in a very long time.

BF got me a food processor....something I've wanted for a VERY long time

My presents to him were epic :D
2 tickets to see Celtic Woman perform on St. Patrick's Day.

Also, a getaway to two islands off the coast of Maine. We'll take a friend's ferry in the morning to the first island, who will loan us his car for a few hours so we can see the island. Later in the day, we'll arrive at the second island. By lobster boat. And what happens after that shall be classified ;)

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I got love! :joyful::kiss: Seriously....got to spend time with friends on Christmas even and BF's family Christmas day. Best Christmas I have had in a very long time.

BF got me a food processor....something I've wanted for a VERY long time

My presents to him were epic :D
2 tickets to see Celtic Woman perform on St. Patrick's Day.

Also, a getaway to two islands off the coast of Maine. We'll take a friend's ferry in the morning to the first island, who will loan us his car for a few hours so we can see the island. Later in the day, we'll arrive at the second island. By lobster boat. And what happens after that shall be classified ;)
You have a boyfriend?? I don't remember approving this. Now what am I gonna do? :bawling:

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just found out that I had more SCUBA stuff coming that was late...

A deco tank regulator set, a couple new backup lights, and a Nitek Q full trimix computer. :)

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I got climbing shoes and membership to a rock climbing gym. Yay! :)Rock climbing is pretty much the ultimate supplemental exercise for jiu-jitsu.

Unfortunately, I got my knee injured last night in sparring, so it will probably be at least a couple of weeks (if I'm lucky) before I'm healed up enough for climbing. Boo! :(

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I got climbing shoes and membership to a rock climbing gym. Yay! :)Rock climbing is pretty much the ultimate supplemental exercise for jiu-jitsu.

Unfortunately, I got my knee injured last night in sparring, so it will probably be at least a couple of weeks (if I'm lucky) before I'm healed up enough for climbing. Boo! :(
That sucks man I hope you get well soon. I wish we had a rock climbing gym around here that sounds fun

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That sucks man I hope you get well soon. I wish we had a rock climbing gym around here that sounds fun

Thanks. I'm hopeful that my knee might not be hurt too badly. I can tell there was dome damage done, but I'm not in much pain today. Probably be a few weeks before I'm safe for sparring, though.

I used to do a bit of rock climbing outdoors years ago. I couldn't afford climbing shoes, so I used my old jika-tabi that I had from Bujinkan practice. This will be my first time with climbing shoes and a gym membership.

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I got a big gift card to the movies, so me and the man can have a couple dates, a scarf and gloves set (I needed new gloves so that was good), some tsotchkes like a beaded bracelet and hand cream, and a ton of handmade sweets (so much for those 10lbs I lost...).

We've been closed for the holidays, but based on last year, I think probably we'll probably end up with yet more sweets and some adorable homemade cards from the kids when we reopen.