What company made your black belt?

kenpofighter

Green Belt
Reaction score
I was wondering what company each persons black belt was (if you have a black belt), and if you like the make of the belt or prefer some other brand.

Pacificshore

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Well my original belt was made by Yamato Sakura, and I only found one internet site long ago that carried them. Now I have not seen the brand in ages. My newer version is made by Eosin Panther. Both belts are quality in my opinion.

MarkC

Orange Belt
Reaction score
My original one says TNI on it and has some Kanji on the bottom of the tag.
Also have a Shureido.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tokaido made mine. It's one of their 1.5" wide, plain cotton belts that has been a good one throughout the years. It's a very durable belt, and even after years of use, just some surface abrasions where the arm has repeatedly rubbed against the belt, along with a wee bit of fraying (doesn't affect functionality at all).

My only gripe about it, was that the black dye starts staining your gi, once you start sweating. That stops after a while, though.

I also had a Shureido belt, again, plain cotton. Worked very well.

I never really liked satin-covered belts, since the knot keeps slipping, especially in the early stages of using such belts.

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
My belt is a Shureido belt and I can say it is the best belt I have had. The quality is second to none and the customer service is great. I highly recommend anything from Shureido.

In the spirit of bushido!

Rob

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
I LOVE my 2" KWON black belt. I know it is not a nice one like Eosin Panther, Kataaro, or Shureido, but I love the way it looks, ties, and wears.

AoG

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have 2 Eosin Panther-made belts that I think were worth every penny.

isshinryuronin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Back in the day when Tokaido was made in Japan (I think it's outsourced now?) and still affordable, it was my brand of choice. My current everyday belt, like my gi, is KI brand, 1.5 inch cotton. I like it just fine. My embroidered belt, for more formal occasions, is a wider Shureido. I'm not into a lot of gold name or rank inscriptions, but I value this belt as it was a gift from my sensei.

Latest Discussions