kfm... keysi fighting method...

paulH

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
http://www.keysikfm.com/

yes the thingy in the batman film...

anybody done this???

ive got a seminar with andy and jutso in a few weeks... and im looking forward to it...

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I woudl be interested to hear how it goes. The site si semi-ambiguous about the styles origins though. They make it sound liek they jsut thought of it off the top of their heads and just keep adding to it. They claim they borrow nothing from MA ? I find that very interesting. I just foudn the site to be almost no information excpet sign up to discover etc...........

Looking forward to your feedback............

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Looking at the vids, I see lots of applications of their pensador defense, especially against multiple opponents.

But I'm still skeptical of a style developed by Hollywood stuntmen. It would be cool to check out a seminar, or see someone spar with those methods.

stevieb_8006

White Belt
Reaction score
looks like a less flowing 52 blocks. check out www.52blocks.tv for an example! Its certainly getting a lot of attention. Great for the keyboard warriors.

OP
paulH

paulH

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Looking at the vids, I see lots of applications of their pensador defense, especially against multiple opponents.

But I'm still skeptical of a style developed by Hollywood stuntmen. It would be cool to check out a seminar, or see someone spar with those methods.

it was developed by 2 jkd instructors...

im keeping an open mind myself but as its a free seminar i figure nothing ventured nothing gained...

i can see the sence of keeping the head covered though im wondering how exposed the body is in practice... but as i say its free and at that price ill give almost anything a go...

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
being a free seminar I would go if in the area. I will be interested in hearing feedback on what is taught and said

stel27

White Belt
Reaction score
Looks really really close to what I study, Kuntao Silat de Thouars, but without the structure and with sloppier footwork/entrances

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think the "combing the hair" motion they emphasize and the related elbow destructions are silat/FMA influenced. I'd guess what you call sloppy footwork they'd call fast and efficient!

Chester Wright

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have studied and used the Pensador in Jeet Kune Do and Sparring to decent success. There are some concepts and application principles behind it that I think must be understood to effectively use it. You can't be stagnant with it for one, you have to understand what is best put as Crashing the Line or getting into trapping/clinch range. The Pensador is used as an entry from Kicking or Punching range into the trapping/clinch range where then you can effect knees, elbows, and headbutts.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have studied and used the Pensador in Jeet Kune Do and Sparring to decent success. There are some concepts and application principles behind it that I think must be understood to effectively use it. You can't be stagnant with it for one, you have to understand what is best put as Crashing the Line or getting into trapping/clinch range. The Pensador is used as an entry from Kicking or Punching range into the trapping/clinch range where then you can effect knees, elbows, and headbutts.

Does that ironically work against you?

It is designed to close distance and grapple but forces your hands high preventing you from defending takedowns..
2suctZswiE6AqoAUC5_c41v5Emo3HrMG1rd4Kx8cCmmmfJSJAC7j9WEoGR01OGmOsnf7KPUnwv9ftJ_07FrA7UHEKWhQ4ofzTkaf-_ztVrDG_scrHZK91WsRTQBQg5A-nC8Z2cQ2PNYXVg8RlYh81FLPs7UiGQ=w363-h244-nc

Chester Wright

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Does that ironically work against you?

It is designed to close distance and grapple but forces your hands high preventing you from defending takedowns..
2suctZswiE6AqoAUC5_c41v5Emo3HrMG1rd4Kx8cCmmmfJSJAC7j9WEoGR01OGmOsnf7KPUnwv9ftJ_07FrA7UHEKWhQ4ofzTkaf-_ztVrDG_scrHZK91WsRTQBQg5A-nC8Z2cQ2PNYXVg8RlYh81FLPs7UiGQ=w363-h244-nc
Ideally your not going to Pensador up until your within the fighting measure or just about at punching distance. Your using it as you come in to weather the storm as you crash the line. Pensadoring up and staying to the outside is pretty pointless ive found, as your telegraphing your intentions. Our hands go up as we shoot in, weathering the storm until we get to the inside. Then into the termination phase which involves working on the inside at trapping range or at an angle off your opponents centerline. Stuffing a takedown would with your arms up at your head would be messy. Its important to remember that with the Pensador you must be aggressive, your intercepting an attack with one of your own. Again nothing works 100% of the time. Ive spent probably close to to 200 actual hours working it and have found decent success like I said, but again thats just me. Stuffing a takedown is more hip action and weight distribution, your arms come into play but the majority of a good sprawl comes from the hips.

Latest Discussions