We've discussed targeting the biceps and forearms in a fight. But what about the funny bone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Can't do that in a striking-only competition. Also not a good idea if you're primarily a striker and are fighting someone who is a better grappler than you.

You won't be hitting the funny bone in a striking only competition either. Additionally, just because they're a better grappler than you doesn't mean you can't catch them in a lock. When I was a white belt, I rolled with plenty of wrestlers who were better grapplers than I was. They still got caught plenty of times.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
As much as I think @Hanzou is a tool, I see his point in this case. An Imam is more akin to a preacher than an insquisitor. While yes, there are some that may be radical, the term itself is not focused at radicals.
The point is he's a troll and a religious fanatic about his preferred religion (martial sport) and it doesn't matter what flavor of religious radical being compared to. He is merely trying to deflect attention and turn it back to anyone but him. He is on some weird sort of martial sport version of a combination of crusade or jihad, it doesn't matter. I know that he thinks that he is scoring some sort of goofy racism points or something but no one is fooled. The only question remaining is he going to keep stinking up this, and every other thread, trolling with his fanaticism?

He didn't answer the OP"s question, and instead started going on about his grappling religion. And when he got called on it, he wants to try to turn it into some sort of racism debate. Is that really how you want these things to go here?

In any case, I'm done helping him stink up this thread.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The point is he's a troll and a religious fanatic about his preferred religion (martial sport) and it doesn't matter what flavor of religious radical being compared to.

Except an Imam isn't a religious radical by default, unless of course you're a religious bigot who thinks that Islamic people are religious radicals by default.

He is merely trying to deflect attention and turn it back to anyone but him. He is on some weird sort of martial sport version of a combination of crusade or jihad, it doesn't matter. I know that he thinks that he is scoring some sort of goofy racism points or something but no one is fooled. The only question remaining is he going to keep stinking up this, and every other thread, trolling with his fanaticism?

No, I'm pointing out that what you're saying about a religion is pretty messed up, and you really should stop while you're behind. I don't really care what you have to say about me, but there might be some readers on this forum of the Islamic faith who you are directly denigrating in an immature effort to attack me. Find some other analogy, or buzz off.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The point is he's a troll and a religious fanatic about his preferred religion (martial sport) and it doesn't matter what flavor of religious radical being compared to. He is merely trying to deflect attention and turn it back to anyone but him. He is on some weird sort of martial sport version of a combination of crusade or jihad, it doesn't matter. I know that he thinks that he is scoring some sort of goofy racism points or something but no one is fooled. The only question remaining is he going to keep stinking up this, and every other thread, trolling with his fanaticism?

He didn't answer the OP"s question, and instead started going on about his grappling religion. And when he got called on it, he wants to try to turn it into some sort of racism debate. Is that really how you want these things to go here?

In any case, I'm done helping him stink up this thread.

Like @Hanzou said, an Imam doesn't mean "religious fanatic" or "religious radical."

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Like @Hanzou said, an Imam doesn't mean "religious fanatic" or "religious radical."
I know exactly what Imam means. I have a dog-eared copy of the Koran on my bookshelf right next to my dog-eared copy of The Gospel of Buddha. Does he? You're missing the point and letting him distract from the fact that HE is a fanatic. It was a humorous example based off of a well known and understood-to-be-inflated stereotype. Now he's trying to act as if the subject is racism against Moslems. It's NOT. The subject is that Hanzou is a religious fanatic about his personal martial-sport religion and is acting exactly like a religious fanatic in every damn thread he touches. Quite honestly, if I see "Hanzou" as a contributor in a thread I already know what it's going to read like.

So are you going to continue to let this martial-sport religious fanatic crap up every thread he feels like on MT and go along with his distraction campaign? Is Martial Talk going to let a very small group of refugees from McDojo.com run the same here? Is MT going to have to change its tag line from "The Friendly Martial Arts Community" to "The Troll Friendly Community?" Because, 100% honestly, I've got Bullshido.net and FaceBook already filling those roles.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
As to the OP, I don't think I would target it with a hand strike. Much to easy to hurt your own hand on the elbow. There is a reason why boxers use elbows to protect their ribs and in certain guards use that to injure the puncher's hand.

If you are talking weapons, then you need to be legally justified in their use (ie: deadly force), in which, I would be targeting to break the limb or smash the elbow capsule itself to cause damage, not just nerve pinching.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I know exactly what Imam means. I have a dog-eared copy of the Koran on my bookshelf right next to my dog-eared copy of The Gospel of Buddha. Does he? You're missing the point and letting him distract from the fact that HE is a fanatic. It was a humorous example based off of a well known and understood-to-be-inflated stereotype. Now he's trying to act as if the subject is racism against Moslems. It's NOT. The subject is that Hanzou is a religious fanatic about his personal martial-sport religion and is acting exactly like a religious fanatic in every damn thread he touches. Quite honestly, if I see "Hanzou" as a contributor in a thread I already know what it's going to read like.

So are you going to continue to let this martial-sport religious fanatic crap up every thread he feels like on MT and go along with his distraction campaign? Is Martial Talk going to let a very small group of refugees from McDojo.com run the same here? Is MT going to have to change its tag line from "The Friendly Martial Arts Community" to "The Troll Friendly Community?" Because, 100% honestly, I've got Bullshido.net and FaceBook already filling those roles.
No. I'm also not going to stand for what you said, either.

Just because he's wrong, doesn't mean you're right.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No. I'm also not going to stand for what you said, either.

Just because he's wrong, doesn't mean you're right.
Which part? That he's a fanatic, trolling threads with his "you must convert because I'm right" dicta? Surely you must be tired of him and others derailing threads with his fanaticism.

Literally half of this thread now is about his refusing to answer the OP, inserting his martial-sport religion, and complaining that the comparison is racist or something.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Which part? That he's a fanatic, trolling threads with his "you must convert because I'm right" dicta? Surely you must be tired of him and others derailing threads with his fanaticism.

Literally half of this thread now is about his refusing to answer the OP, inserting his martial-sport religion, and complaining that the comparison is racist or something.

But...you ARE being racist. That's the point.

At best, you make this a "lesser of two evils" scenario, where your racism trumps his fanatacism for BJJ.

Do you want to make good points against him? Then do so. As soon as you say what you said, nobody's looking at how bad his analogy is. And by continuing to stand by your analogy, you're only making it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions