Wasp spray vs pepper spray

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This seems to be the most common contraindication to using it - lawsuit and prison time.

Don't forget - what you can use on others can also be used on you.
This is true, I could see an angry attacker, feeding the rest of the bottle to its user.
Sean

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Another Legal to carry effective spray....CRC spray....

NOT as far as Wasp sprays...!

If someone is defending one self.....always tried to gather a weapon(s) to increase the levelage to your flavor....

Bad guys....want to win....YOU do not want to lose....

In most cases...those using the Wasp sprays..is do so to protect themselves...let the laws fiqure it out later...(anything you use for a weapon can be use against you...(you pens,computor note book, a shoes..etc..

Wasp spray is just another tool for the innocent to consider without causing a Death? ...in most cases...

Better to be arm with something to use to escape a bad sitution...and live the next day....survived!

Aloha, check out CRC spray..

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Wasp Spray...great idea...used in combination with a Hamilton Beach Battery operated carving knife you have an unbeatable pair....Spray'm & Filet'm.......nice!!!

Mider1985

Green Belt
Reaction score
Is wasp spray really that toxic that it could kill someone? I guess if the cops recommended it to her she should just do what they say they wouldnt or SHOULDNT give her illegal advice. Secondly if they break and enter thats well duh breaking and entering which justifies leathal force. Its one thing to be on someones property thats traspassing not a justifiable reason to shoot someone (sept in some states) But yeah breaking into someones house well........i mean if your gonna do that you better be sure you might get shot with SOMETHING, better the wasp spray then a Wildey magnum with a 10 inch barrel. Or something else i uno a bat?

But..........instead of pepper spray or wasp spray why not use pepper foam? Pepper spray is tricky and you need training to do it, and obviously wasp spray can bring up legal issues, on the other hand pepper foam is not affected by the wind like the pepper spray, and it sticks to your face its really painful REALLY PAINFUL you can buy it from coldsteel.com i think.

Its kinda interesting that the invention of pepper spray was not the first none leathal weapon. Even the ninja's used the black egg filled with crushed class or spices that would blinde you i think permanatly, definatly permanatly if you get hit in the face with broken glass and it goes in your eyes. The African Zulu tribe would eat a certain spice till they grew immune to it over the years then they would swollow it in liquid form during a fight and then they could spit it in your face. The Spartan shield is kinda a non leathal weapon isnt it? You can hit someone with the edge of that and BOOM BROKEN BONE.

Anyway.......yeah find an alternative to killing the person you dont wanna have that on your concionse unless you have absolutly no choice. Or buy a stun gun but not to high a voltage. The nervous system cant handle that no matter how big and tough you are you will go down.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't question the lethality of Wasp Spray, I question it's effectiveness versus OC.......is it really more effective than OC at stopping a violent attack.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't question the lethality of Wasp Spray, I question it's effectiveness versus OC.......is it really more effective than OC at stopping a violent attack.
I doubt it's nearly as effective as OC. Unless, of course, you're being attacked by a giant sized wasp.

And, in response to another poster's comment, pepper foam is no different than pepper spray. It's just a different carrier system. Neither require any extensive training to use. Both can be effected by wind. Know which end of the canister is the business end, and which way it sprays... aim for the forehead/eyes/face.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well ... remember pesticides are neurotoxins. The reality of permanent vision loss is such that a federal warning label was deemed necessary.

The movie referenced above about a woman who is attacked in her home was based on a play - both with the same title: "Extremities." The intended victim turns the tables on her attacker, rendering him helpless and one of the things she did was spray him in the face with insecticide.

It is important to note here that it was nearby and opportune during a vicious attack.

The would-be victim manages to tie up her attacker and when her roommate comes home and friend comes over, the attacker manipulates the conversation like he was rather innocent and his victim lured him into being tied up which was followed by intentional, slow torture. Evidenced are his raw, blistered eyes and his inability to see.

His story is so compelling and his method so manipulative the friends begin to round on her as the attacker, as though there were something else she could have done.

I'm not about to spray insecticide in my eyes to figure out if it causes blindness or not - I'll trust the poison control center's warning of such.

Nevertheless, if it's the only thing in reach, then have at it ... just beware that if you make SURE it is in reach (on your desk, nightstand, kitchen counter, closet, car, purse, etcetera) you may be liable for something you don't want to go to prison for.

Mider1985

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yeah but you need training to spray that stuff properly......its not just spray and boom your done..........the spray stays on the person and it affects people near by, if its windy it will send the spray in other directions even a little is not pleasent i should know as a kid my grandfather was spraying ants with mace (dont make fun) and i got a windful of it it wasnt pleasent at all. Like i said pepper foam is better or some kind of gel it makes the wind less of a problem. and Hopefully it makes other people being around less of a problem when i saw the inferno spray used ons omeone i saw people around the poor sucker who was being tested on. They were close by with no masks or goggles so it seemed to only affect him but it sure as hell worked, he had to have his faced dunked in water and more water and more water and have drops in his eyes it was PAINFUL.

And the tasers well they will work on anyone but with all the deaths that have been accuring i guess its best to buy a lower voltage cause your basically electricuting someone

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah but you need training to spray that stuff properly......its not just spray and boom your done..........the spray stays on the person and it affects people near by, if its windy it will send the spray in other directions even a little is not pleasent i should know as a kid my grandfather was spraying ants with mace (dont make fun) and i got a windful of it it wasnt pleasent at all. Like i said pepper foam is better or some kind of gel it makes the wind less of a problem. and Hopefully it makes other people being around less of a problem when i saw the inferno spray used ons omeone i saw people around the poor sucker who was being tested on. They were close by with no masks or goggles so it seemed to only affect him but it sure as hell worked, he had to have his faced dunked in water and more water and more water and have drops in his eyes it was PAINFUL.

And the tasers well they will work on anyone but with all the deaths that have been accuring i guess its best to buy a lower voltage cause your basically electricuting someone
No, you don't.

That's why the frigging stuff is sold in about a bazillion places, as keychains and flashlights, and lots of other things.

OC is simple; it really is "spray & pray" because, in my experience -- it works best on cops. And is least effective on drunk/drugged/otherwise-altered consciousness ogres who are attacking people...

Oh, and, in case you wondered, yeah, I do know what I'm talking about, since I carry a canister of the damn stuff on my duty belt at work.

And the Taser is nothing like electrocuting someone.

Are you copying your ideas out of the back of a comic book or something?

Mider1985

Green Belt
Reaction score
No, you don't.

That's why the frigging stuff is sold in about a bazillion places, as keychains and flashlights, and lots of other things.

OC is simple; it really is "spray & pray" because, in my experience -- it works best on cops. And is least effective on drunk/drugged/otherwise-altered consciousness ogres who are attacking people...

Oh, and, in case you wondered, yeah, I do know what I'm talking about, since I carry a canister of the damn stuff on my duty belt at work.

And the Taser is nothing like electrocuting someone.

Are you copying your ideas out of the back of a comic book or something?

Dude pepper spray and mace are very tricky if you think its so easy then why dont you use it on a windy day and see what happens

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dude pepper spray and mace are very tricky if you think its so easy then why dont you use it on a windy day and see what happens
Let's see...

Don't spray a stream of liquid fire into the wind if you can help it. Yep; that's special training. I'm presuming you are male; unless you grew up in the inner city, you probably learned that one with a different fluid by age 7 or so...

Jim Croce even addressed the principle:
[yt]YQrTGE4wwwA[/yt]

I've got a simple question for you. What qualifies you to speak on the issue? I'm a working cop; I've used the stuff. I've experienced it. I know something of what I speak. You still sound like a kid cribbing from the back of The Punisher's War Journal or old copies of Soldier of Fortune.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jim ... just a gentle word here, if you don't mind ... I acknowledge it doesn't take any formal "training" to use pepper spray/mace ... but I have run into the occasional person who didn't realize you really need to have the thing in your hands and ensure the nozzle is pointed in the right direction before use. A handful of women who have attended my classes owned and carried pepper spray but had never bothered to read the instructions nor inspect the canister and/or nozzle. They counted on reaching into their large, full purses, finding it right away, pulling it out, extending their arms and depressing the button.

Yes, there are people out there that are that stupid.

:idunno:

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jim ... just a gentle word here, if you don't mind ... I acknowledge it doesn't take any formal "training" to use pepper spray/mace ... but I have run into the occasional person who didn't realize you really need to have the thing in your hands and ensure the nozzle is pointed in the right direction before use. A handful of women who have attended my classes owned and carried pepper spray but had never bothered to read the instructions nor inspect the canister and/or nozzle. They counted on reaching into their large, full purses, finding it right away, pulling it out, extending their arms and depressing the button.

Thus, one of the main reasons why I feel that if anyone is going to carry any weapon, be it a can of pepper spray, a kubotan, a gun, a knife, whatever, that they get the proper training to not only use it, but to also know how to draw it for use.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Absolutely; that's why I often mention that if you opt to carry pepper spray, get a container that you can tell by feel which way it's pointing. For example, the pepper spray containers most cops use on duty have a some form of safety flap or cover, which only opens so that it's pointing the right way. (I know that's kind of confusing; I can't find a good picture...) And it's worthwhile to know how to decontaminate (lots of water does the job, and so does time). It doesn't hurt to have some guidance in where to spray (across the eyes so that the OC enters them, and can drip down to the nose & mouth).

But none of this is essential or required. And I don't count it as "special training."

And all the training in the world isn't going to really help someone who is carrying it as a talisman -- which is a lot of people. Male and female. They'll participate in training, given an opportunity, but it's not going to effect how they carry it. They carry it as a talisman to keep bad things from happening; many don't really want to know the facts or face the reality. They're like some people who buy a gun for "home defense" but never take it to the range, and may not even know how to load it.

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score

These the same ones that get burnt by McDonalds coffee? Sorry...:uhyeah:

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You should only spray someone with bug spray if your intent is to kill him. It can cause a fatal pneumonitis if it's inhaled. There's no "antidote," because it's not a drug-like toxicity. It interferes with oxygen exchange across the lung membrane, and causes physical damage to the lungs. The treatment is pulmonary lavage and a respirator. And if the person lives, the lungs may be permanently damaged.

So it may piss you off if someone is trying to steal your TV set, but you should be aware of the consequences of your retaliatory effort.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
You should only spray someone with bug spray if your intent is to kill him. It can cause a fatal pneumonitis if it's inhaled. There's no "antidote," because it's not a drug-like toxicity. It interferes with oxygen exchange across the lung membrane, and causes physical damage to the lungs. The treatment is pulmonary lavage and a respirator. And if the person lives, the lungs may be permanently damaged.

So it may piss you off if someone is trying to steal your TV set, but you should be aware of the consequences of your retaliatory effort.

Fortunately in Missouri someone stealing your TV set from your house is justification for a shotgun blast to face.......as Burglary 1st Degree is considered a crime that the homeowner is automatically presumed to be in fear for their life when confronting.