Was I right fighting

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
There are no teachers that can help you, because their help will trigger more bullying.

There are teachers (and others) that can help you. I'm a teacher. It may seem like no one can help, and not every single situation can be stopped, especially immediately, but it can be helped.

Bullying will never end, but if there's harsher punishment for offenders, a lot of it can be eliminated.

The biggest deterrent to bullying should be parents stopping their kids from doing it. Unfortunately, their authority over their kids and their kids' accountability is notably absent in this day and age.

ShawnP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
There are teachers (and others) that can help you. I'm a teacher. It may seem like no one can help, and not every single situation can be stopped, especially immediately, but it can be helped.

Bullying will never end, but if there's harsher punishment for offenders, a lot of it can be eliminated.

The biggest deterrent to bullying should be parents stopping their kids from doing it. Unfortunately, their authority over their kids and their kids' accountability is notably absent in this day and age.

for the record JR 137, when i was a kid in school, the teachers did not and would not help in my situation, I'm not saying in every ones situation, but in mine and possibly the OPs as well since it had gone on for so long.

In my time schooling was completely different than it is today, they didn't have a "leave no child behind" policy but more of a "push as many through" regardless of their standings. i actually have a running joke i tell people all the time and to this day not a single person gets it, "i failed all 6 years of High School and STILL got a H.S. Diploma". and yes i failed every single class (including Gym) for 6 years, i was never given a single book, home work assignment or test for ANY class in 6 years of attending H.S., all the teachers (except 1) would ignore me, pass me by when passing out assignments and tests, and when i confronted them about it all i got was "you don't need to do it, just sit in the back there and be quiet", but i still went every day and had a perfect attendance.
The head principal at the time told me i was banned from going to prom and graduation and any other functions having to do with graduating and i was to pick up my diploma the following year AFTER graduating and that i would receive a letter in the mail giving me the date i could pick it up. as for the reason why this happened i hadn't learned until i was done with H.S. and went to pick up my Diploma from the main office the following year and it seems as i was told all the teachers (except that 1) knew my father and didn't like him for whatever reason, it was because of this my brother and I were alienated, and since i was the younger and much smaller, weaker one, got the brunt of the bullying. People take a lot for granted in this country especially, and having a good family is one of them, no one can choose who their parents are or how they raise their children, or even how they turn out as adults, i see so many adults with issues even more so than children and I'm no exception but my belief is problematic adults begin with their parents and the break down of some sort in the family structure some where along the lineage. my Grandfather was a bigot and a racist, but his son hated that in him so much he is just the opposite, i never had a father around to show me the do's and don't and a mother who would drink and cry herself to sleep at night and is probably where i get my whiny, complaining attitude from.

You're correct that bullying will probably never stop and neither will bad people having babies.
look my point is to just think before you act or open your mouth and spew a bunch of garbage and escalate an already volatile situation and someone gets hurt when it could have been avoided. i mean when will it stop really? he punched me so im going to punch him back so then he punches me back because i punched him back, is that rational thinking? or is that childish thinking? I don't know but i would speculate that every situation is different from the next just as my lifes happenings are different from the OPs, but with a little thought and control don't you think things can work out much better?

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone sorry I've been away but wow I never expected this amount of response, but I'll give some more details on the subject. This guy was a known bully not just basic bullying but he'd been arrested numerous times and once for sexual harrasment. He's bullied pretty much everyone and had been bullying me for a long time and was one of the main reasons I started training. He'd constantly done things like pantsings and wedgies to me and loads others.

After the fight I didn't get in trouble after I said what he did and everyone knows what he's like and since then he kept away

Johnkungfu

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone new guy on the block. Want more info about me I posted in the meet and greet. But anyway I've had to defend myself plenty of times over the years unfortunately since I hate fighting outside the ring or the gym and I always walk away if I can or talk my way out. There's only time I regret fighting and think that maybe I shouldn't have.

This happened after I'd been training for about 5 months maybe. But before my training I did 0 exercise and I was very fat. I'd lost a good bit from training but was still quite big . But there was this one kid who'd bullied me for years with different stuff like name calling throwing stuff at me and had punched me hard a few times. This day we were In gym class and the teachers hadn't come in yet and he was mouthing off pushing and shoving me I just turned my back and went to walk away and as I did he ran over and pantsed me. Now I was obviously embarrassed and angry since there was a lot of people including girls around and I was sick of the bullying so I pulled my shorts up turned and front kicked him in the stomach which made him fly back a bit. As he did I stepped forward telling him to back off he ran at me and through a punch which I ducked under and as I was low punched him in the stomach and came back up with a hook to the head which staggered him. Then his friends jumped me and I can't remember exactly what happened then but it was all a mess until the teacher came in and broke it up. I got In trouble since I hit first.

I do regret maybe I shouldn't have done anything after he pantsed me or maybe after the first kick I should have just gotten out of there. That's the one fight I really regret since I feel I could have avoided it like I have done other fights. I just wondered what others thought.
I learned hard way if you don' t fight it gets worse & if you do really do or you get hurt. Idk maybe most people can but sometimes its hard to fight too. your humanity gets in the way - you were young. Idk if i woul have regrets?

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A lot of times you hesitate that can get you hurt - unless you box on the regular or spar you will hesitate and many times way you believe can make you hesitate .
OK, thanks for clarifying. I agree with the above, and especially if you train so-called "deadly techniques".

I remember a zillion years ago getting into a stupid fight and having a really clear shot at my attackers cojones. I could have totally smashed them, but I hesitated. My attacker took advantage of my hesitation and turned the tables and beat me up pretty good.

Funny thing. I still think I was right not to hit him there. It was a stupid fight, not a deadly criminal assault and we both walked away without serious injuries. You attempt a "deadly" technique and you've just escalated the fight to a potentially "deadly" level in which either one ...or both participants may be seriously hurt.

Johnkungfu

White Belt
Reaction score
OK, thanks for clarifying. I agree with the above, and especially if you train so-called "deadly techniques".

I remember a zillion years ago getting into a stupid fight and having a really clear shot at my attackers cojones. I could have totally smashed them, but I hesitated. My attacker took advantage of my hesitation and turned the tables and beat me up pretty good.

Funny thing. I still think I was right not to hit him there. It was a stupid fight, not a deadly criminal assault and we both walked away without serious injuries. You attempt a "deadly" technique and you've just escalated the fight to a potentially "deadly" level in which either one ...or both participants may be seriously hurt.
You get it

Latest Discussions