VP Debate - What'd ya think?

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
Mike, I see your point. When he doesn't come right out and say something, but doesn't stop the point from being believed because it's convenient, then that is bad. That's still the kind of thing I would call passive deception. Maybe there's another term for it, but although he's not coming right out and lying, he's also not bringing up the whole truth.

rmrobertson, please find me one instance of the Bush Administration actively tying 9/11 to Iraq. 9/11 was an event. Iraq is a country. Al-Qaeda is a terrorist cell. Therefore, tying Iraq to 9/11 is not the same as tying Iraq to al-Qaeda.

I've already explained what I think he meant when he referred to the geographical base of those who attacked us. He meant that the terrorists came from the Middle East, and now we have troops in the middle of the Middle East.

What are you saying about syllogism? That the Administration meant to trick people into thinking that Iraq had something to do with 9/11 because they had connections after the fact? I'm not sure why you brought that up, so before I respond, I'd like to make sure of what you mean.

Cheney apparently DID think that Iraq was tied to al-Qaeda, but not 9/11. I don't really see what this has to do with resigning from the VP job, though. That's a little extreme for acting with the majority of Congress based on some information that everyone who saw thought was valid.

A

AaronLucia

PeachMonkey, thanks for that link about Cheney's forgetting/lying about meeting Edwards.

I appreciate that you posted the links instead of just saying it. :)

Latest Discussions