Vote day experiences

D_Brady

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I can't say for every location but some schools told the parents that the school would be closed for security concerns. Many of my students had the day off .

OP
Flatlander

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Interstingly, according to CBS News,
Colorado defeated a measure that would have allocated its electoral votes proportionally, based on the popular vote for president, and would have applied to this year's race between President Bush and John Kerry.
Which would have, according to this CNN table,taken 4 electoral votes from Bush, and given them to Kerry.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
Umm, Rich......You may wish to check those numbers.....
They seem a tad, umm, high? :)

(World Population is less than 10 Billion.)
:wavey:

I just did the math.... about 17,000 votes seperate Ralph Nader (Name on everything, but only 38 ballots) and Michael Badnarik (Name nowhere, but on 48 ballots).

By my count (based on Wash. Post #) 1,051,323 people voted against -both- Bush and Kerry.
Kerry - 57 Million
Bush - 54 Million
3rd - 1 Million

You know, with the right funding, and publicity, the thirds can overtake the big 2.

Yep, you are correct. Change it from Billion to Million and the numbers should still work then.

I just have one thing to say though DOH! :idunno:

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
My wife waited about 35 minutes in line.
I waited about 20.

It was a good day.
When you consider what other people in other countries have to go through to vote, it was a very good day.

Your brother
John

R

raedyn

Flatlander said:
Interstingly, according to CBS News, Colorado defeated a measure that would have allocated its electoral votes proportionally, based on the popular vote for president, and would have applied to this year's race between President Bush and John Kerry. Which would have, according to this CNN table,taken 4 electoral votes from Bush, and given them to Kerry.
I'm surprised anyone would vote against doling out those electoral college votes porportionally. The winner-takes-all thing doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I just don't understand what the intention of it is. Maybe I'll have to start another thread about that....

FUZZYJ692000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
something i forgot in the PM....could you imagine the law suits if CO had passed that new election process...and then if other states started doing it to while others weren't...it'd be just one big mess, especially considering that the election process is done by states...i would find it interesting to actually see it done to find out who would start the law suits, cause lawyers were ready to pounce on this election