Video examples of multiman-fight.

Sensei_trigondo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello ,
in this post i will ask about any kind of realistic videos to mention , that show a fight against multiple attackers.
From sources i know that there is very, very little realistic material.
This examples could be of interest to anyone who want to build a opinion about that.
Kindly Regards
S.T.

OP
Sensei_trigondo

Sensei_trigondo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
look at this. this guy has a strategy running in a circle just like bagua chang. just found online.

Cynik75

Purple Belt
Reaction score
There in no need to reinevent the wheel. There are three main principles of fighting multiple attackers:
- don't be in the middle
- find and use any weapon
- do no go to the ground

OP
Sensei_trigondo

Sensei_trigondo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
hello Cynik75 , of course are theese the main principles.
However, you can not say that this post is not a interesting one, for forum readers of all styles.

OP
Sensei_trigondo

Sensei_trigondo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Ok, that might be the first thing I have seen by that guy that wasn't completely idiotic.
yeah, he found out that running in a circle solves the problem to get caught direct.
that main principle comes from chinese Bagua Zang.
however, if a bagua fighter make that same in a one to one fight he get one on the mouth.
no fighting stance , no target securing with hands etc.
it's only for multiple.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
yeah, he found out that running in a circle solves the problem to get caught direct.
however, if a bagua fighter make that same in a one to one fight he get one on the mouth.
it's only for multiple.
Demonstrating more of your vast knowledge of CMA? Have you ever even met a Bagua practitioner? I find your assertions offensive and insulting to say the least. You sir, are what is commonly known as a huckster or charlatan. You lack the most basic grasp of the arts you claim to base this “system” on. I will say again, go find a teacher. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
it's only for multiple.

That video is not Baguazhang, and you appear to not understand bagua at all....

Sifu Ken of 8 Tigers

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I enjoy training in fighting multiple attackers. It forces you to have stronger situational awareness and internalizes strategies, that, when applied consciously, are too slow to formulate on the go.

As for moving in a circle, I have no opinion on what that is supposed to mean. My strategy is to make them get in each other's way. That means engaging the closest one (or the one holding you) and using them as a shield. If grabbed by two people, even better, as simple twisting the body and stepping slightly can crash them into each other if you are not up to a dual throw as found in Aikido.

There is also the understanding that unless skilled in such attacks, realistically no more than three people can attack you at once without really getting in each other's way. If there are more than three people, then it's more about stamina, lol.

chiquest

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
what do you think about this one ?
Makes sense. Nick has some valuable advise based on real-world experience, having been a bouncer at a nightclub. My Kenpo teacher taught us to use attackers as shields while striking or kicking them and then continuing to move circularly to the the next attacker/shield. You have to continue counter-attacking, though. Just moving in circles alone will not work for very long.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Just posting this because it is one of my favorite (and crazy) examples of a group fight. (And it has a built in soundtrack.)

jayoliver00

Black Belt
Reaction score
Boxing w/lots of footwork & teeps. Line them up, preferably the weakest/smallest in front.

Gyuki

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Demonstrating more of your vast knowledge of CMA? Have you ever even met a Bagua practitioner? I find your assertions offensive and insulting to say the least. You sir, are what is commonly known as a huckster or charlatan. You lack the most basic grasp of the arts you claim to base this “system” on. I will say again, go find a teacher. Stop embarrassing yourself.
If I may ask, how would Bagua approach such a situation? Maybe in a similar manner yet the principles he was referring to are not a part of that art? I have no idea hence why I am asking. I don't wish to sound disrespectful or anything of the sort.

In the systems I have learned, we try to line them up and use some as shield against others if possible/necessairy. Evasion is the name of the game not to stay and fight so the perspective of leaving as soon as possible is also present....

Thank you for sharing

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

The general answer to winning a multi man fight is have superior numbers.

Latest Discussions