Video examples of multiman-fight.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
If I may ask, how would Bagua approach such a situation? Maybe in a similar manner yet the principles he was referring to are not a part of that art? I have no idea hence why I am asking. I don't wish to sound disrespectful or anything of the sort.

In the systems I have learned, we try to line them up and use some as shield against others if possible/necessairy. Evasion is the name of the game not to stay and fight so the perspective of leaving as soon as possible is also present....

Thank you for sharing
My comment isn’t based on his incorrect strategy. What he does there is not related to Bagua Zhang In any way that I am aware of. In fact, I struggled to find anything nutritious in this discussion. I would recommend you to either Luo or Kumar to find out more about Bagua Zhang. Kumar wrote a number of books on the topic.

Gyuki

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
My comment isn’t based on his incorrect strategy. What he does there is not related to Bagua Zhang In any way that I am aware of. In fact, I struggled to find anything nutritious in this discussion. I would recommend you to either Luo or Kumar to find out more about Bagua Zhang. Kumar wrote a number of books on the topic.
Thank you for your answer.

I was wondering the approach of Bagua Zhang in a multiple opponent scenario but maybe I do need to have an actual understanding of the art itself first or is that concept something that can be explained without prior knowledge?

I will look into the authors recommended but was just wondering BaGua approach to multiple opponents if it is even a part of the system, i have no clue.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer.

I was wondering the approach of Bagua Zhang in a multiple opponent scenario but maybe I do need to have an actual understanding of the art itself first or is that concept something that can be explained without prior knowledge?

I will look into the authors recommended but was just wondering BaGua approach to multiple opponents if it is even a part of the system, i have no clue.
I teach a southern wushu gung fu style and Yang Long form Tai Chi Chuan. One of my training brothers of 25 years trained with several people including The two I named above. I have Bagua Zhang experience but I am not qualified to teach it. I recommend you to find a teacher with a verifiable background if that is the art you choose to study. It can be difficult to locate legitimate teachers of any CMA, more so with internal arts. What part of the world are you in?

Gyuki

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I teach a southern wushu gung fu style and Yang Long form Tai Chi Chuan. One of my training brothers of 25 years trained with several people including The two I named above. I have Bagua Zhang experience but I am not qualified to teach it. I recommend you to find a teacher with a verifiable background if that is the art you choose to study. It can be difficult to locate legitimate teachers of any CMA, more so with internal arts. What part of the world are you in?
I am lucky enough to be in Ottawa, Ontario.
I was merely asking out of curiosity as I am presently already a student of Karate which is a lifelong pursuit but those things do interest me a lot so I know in due times I will explore CMA but I think I am only at the reading part for it at this point.

Thank you very much for sharing

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am lucky enough to be in Ottawa, Ontario.
I was merely asking out of curiosity as I am presently already a student of Karate which is a lifelong pursuit but those things do interest me a lot so I know in due times I will explore CMA but I think I am only at the reading part for it at this point.

Thank you very much for sharing
I can recommend a book that might be a good entry for an interest in chinese internal martial arts. The title is Nei Jia Quan by Jess O Brien. Kumar has an interview in it. Tim Cartmell is also interviewed. Many highly skilled teachers are in it. I think you will find it a good read and a solid way to start looking for good legitimate contacts that might be in your area. Hope that helps.