Using nature

Laborn

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ok, i dont have enough money to go to a gym. So for about a year now i've just been training with my natural surroundings, pullups on tree branches, abwork, i run and every corner i pass i do squat-pushup-jump. i practice my kicks aiming at trees, not hititng but just practicing, is there anything else i could add to this. You guys have to have some other idea's.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Laborn said:
Ok, i dont have enough money to go to a gym. So for about a year now i've just been training with my natural surroundings, pullups on tree branches, abwork, i run and every corner i pass i do squat-pushup-jump. i practice my kicks aiming at trees, not hititng but just practicing, is there anything else i could add to this. You guys have to have some other idea's.

keep it up. personally, i prefer this to training in a gym. Forms practice in the park is better than in a gym any day.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Laborn said:

I prefer a gym, but kudos to you for using what's available. Important thing is you're training, regarless of where it is.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, If you read about the lives of some of the most famous Martial Artist in the world, you will find they train like you - Using Natural things around them and most of them don't even know what a gym is.

Read and view a many books and videos on martial training materials to get more ideas on what you can build at home. Duffel bags make good punching bags................Aloha

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Laborn said:
Wow thanks. Would a gym be helpful too..or just scratch the gym idea?

a gym can be convenient when the weather turns bad, but overall, where are you happiest?

Eldritch Knight

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I like to practice my forms on different types of terrain... gravel, dirt, rocks, wet grass, and on inclines. It keeps me from settling into a routine, and puts more pressure on different muscle groups.

Icewater

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Personally I am one of those people that do not like an audience when I am training forms so I tend to keep that at home and at the kwoon, but for physical conditioning I'm all about the gym.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Why go to a gym if you are happy training in the out doors. I would keep on doing what you feel is right.
Terry

J

jbclinic

i've trianed in the woods, it brought me to my samadhi, helps you to invent multiple attacks, done in the morning the best air to breath, just add a modern twist on your own traditional trianing . it becomes yours the only draw that i had is when i reached that level of samadhi i didn't know because what i put together wasn't proven but it's good now.

from the woods, city,and hood ooooos

Latest Discussions