Us Soldier carrying a weapon has nail clippers confiscated by TSA

rlobrecht

Brown Belt
Reaction score
This one made me laugh out loud.

So we’re in line, going through one at a time. One of our Soldiers had his Gerber multi-tool. TSA confiscated it. Kind of ridiculous, but it gets better. A few minutes later, a guy empties his pockets and has a pair of nail clippers. Nail clippers. TSA informs the Soldier that they’re going to confiscate his nail clippers. The conversation went something like this:
TSA Guy: You can’t take those on the plane.
Soldier: What? I’ve had them since we left country.
TSA Guy: You’re not suppose to have them.
Soldier: Why?
TSA Guy: They can be used as a weapon.
Soldier: [touches butt stock of the rifle] But this actually is a weapon. And I’m allowed to take it on.
TSA Guy: Yeah but you can’t use it to take over the plane. You don’t have bullets.
Soldier: And I can take over the plane with nail clippers?
TSA Guy: [awkward silence]

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/11/18/another-tsa-outrage/

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I quit being suprised by the TSA when they confiscated my wives eye lash curler...

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The U.S. Soldier is a trained killer he can do ANYTHING with ANYTHING put in his hands. They're the best in the world. Of course he can take over a plane with nail clippers (he probably hadn't received that special forces training just yet).

Eyelash curlers... hell yeah they're dangerous.

Pretty soon my own hearing aids would be considered dangerous and eyeglasses and the rabbit's foot keychain, the tie-clasp/tack, the list goes on.

They need to simplify it all...

All Nude All The Time Flights! (not even a G-string because you can garrote the stewardesses before they pass out from digsust).

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think nail clippers should be banned full stop! they are horrible things, when people use them bits of nail shoot off all over the place, into your cup of coffee, into all sorts of places you dont want to find bits of yellowing fungal ridden nail, disgusting!:)

I have a horror of long toenails, ugh, if anyone turns up with over long nails in class I feel physically sick and our instructor is dispatched to tell them to get them cut, dirty feet too are horrible.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The U.S. Soldier is a trained killer he can do ANYTHING with ANYTHING put in his hands. They're the best in the world. Of course he can take over a plane with nail clippers (he probably hadn't received that special forces training just yet).

You are thinking about MacGyver...he can make things out of a paper clip and a snot wad... ;)