US Marines being tasered. For fun. Really.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, we are all insane. In my day, we used to pepper-spray each other. What can I say, tasers didn't exist then.

[yt]
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jAgoSTsYFlc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jAgoSTsYFlc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
[/yt]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take the Taser over OC any day... Taser is 5 seconds, and it's over. Some residual itching for a couple of days or a week as the points of contact heal. OC... 30 to 40 minutes. Rapid decontamination helps a little... Until you sweat, or step in the shower, and the OC reactivates. Lots of fun in the shower...

And -- Touch of Death -- there's no such thing as a poker face if you take a real hit. Maybe some of the Taser instructors I know who have taken hits that are in the double digits plus... but most people? Nope. Your facial muscles get hit by the same involuntary contraction and confusion as the rest of you.

I'd probably take the TASER over OC spray.

But, I've never experienced either one. No plans to experience them, either. I know, I'm boring. :D

There are few things more comically dangerous than a group of Marines with spare time on their hands. That's probably why the gunny sees to it that they have as little of it as possible.

There are few things more comically dangerous than a group of Marines with spare time on their hands. That's probably why the gunny sees to it that they have as little of it as possible.
For real comedy, the only thing that comes close is police chasing escaped livestock...

From what my father told me (20 years Navy, not a pilot, Medical, and on Carriers) Navy Fighter Pilots with time on their hands just might be more comically dangerous.

A game called "Hit the Deck" comes to mind

From what my father told me (20 years Navy, not a pilot, Medical, and on Carriers) Navy Fighter Pilots with time on their hands just might be more comically dangerous.

You simply MUST elaborate.

Ever been to a Navy or Marine Corps aviator's 'Wet Down' party? OMG!

When a Marine or sailor crosses the equator, everything goes nuts. I am not a 'Shellback', so I do not have real-life experiences. However...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line-crossing_ceremony

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wetting-down

Well then yes, he was at a wetting down party because I think that was the one where he got his commission and my mother told me “his friends” dropped him on the front porch and she dragged him in and she was afraid he was going to die of alcohol poisoning, luckily she was an RN. He also was thrown the Equator party and the International dateline party.

I forgot to post what hit the deck was

Hit the deck was a game board/drunk pilots played

Pilots line up tables in a straight line and leave a gap in the middle. They then get a chair with wheels and put it on one set of tables. A pilot sits in the chair and the other pilots roll him down the tables as fast as they can. At the end….

Well the pilot in the chair has to land on the other set of tables, usually face down.

My father saw it in Hong Kong on two levels. One row was on the upper level of the restaurant and there was a sunken floor that was about 4 steps down where the other row of tables “the Deck” was waiting.

I forgot to post what hit the deck was

Hit the deck was a game board/drunk pilots played

Pilots line up tables in a straight line and leave a gap in the middle. They then get a chair with wheels and put it on one set of tables. A pilot sits in the chair and the other pilots roll him down the tables as fast as they can. At the end….

Well the pilot in the chair has to land on the other set of tables, usually face down.

My father saw it in Hong Kong on two levels. One row was on the upper level of the restaurant and there was a sunken floor that was about 4 steps down where the other row of tables “the Deck” was waiting.
Oh, we may have to try this. We're not pilots, but, we'll do our best...

Oh, we may have to try this. We're not pilots, but, we'll do our best...

I highly recommend that you don't try this at home and I would never suggest anyone ever try it.

But if you do, apparently the goal is to land on your stomach and chest with your arms out like a plane, who travels farthest…wins.

All I know is my father saw it...and had to treat a few of the winner and losers in sickbay from time to time

I highly recommend that you don't try this at home and I would never suggest anyone ever try it.

But if you do, apparently the goal is to land on your stomach and chest with your arms out like a plane, who travels farthest…wins.

All I know is my father saw it...and had to treat a few of the winner and losers in sickbay from time to time

That was what I used to see in pilot 'wetdowns', kind of. They'd pour beer all over the bar, then take turns standing on the bar, running down the bar, and doing belly-flop landings without skidding off the end of the 'runway'. The one I had to respond to as an on-duty MP when I was on Okinawa had a bunch of officers having a bottle-rocket war with each other from close distance. They were 'flying' around the courtyard making jet engine noises, shooting bottle rockets from their outstretched hands (wings) like they were sidewinder missiles. Officers are odd; pilots are just weird.

Latest Discussions

Back