Updated orgs

R

roryneil

I read through the poll down there about orgs, but I'm confused. Alot seems to be outdated. AKKS is nowhere to be found on any website. Mr. Billings, you are in the UKS, but also in Mr. Sepulveda's training systems? AKSC (which I know is not an association as much as an governing board) is gone. I remember before the big gathering everyone was speculating about the IKKA reforming and everyone being forced to join or some such rhetoric.
So what orgs are there really now? Or are all the webmasters getting really lazy?

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Rory,
I could be wrong but here is my understanding. The IKKA is experienceing difficulties at this time. I would not expect any announcements for a while. The AKKS as I understand it still exists but is not as large as it once was. If a particular organization interests you, we should be able to find a contact for you for the head of such.

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am not a member of the UKS and have not been for over a year, as of this month. But I left with no hard feelings at all, but as a decision about what is best for my student's training and resource-wise being so far away from the UKS HQ.

AKTS - John Sepulveda's Association is an Association on it's own. Some of his students no longer wanted to be AKKS, so after much debate, he broke out on his own. We now have almost 60 schools, in 9 countries, directly affiliated with the AKTS. He is not prohibiting dual affiliation, after all, lots of his guys still have a long time in with the AKKS. This is somewhat unique I think. Edward Downey's new EKKA (European Kenpo Karate Association) also brought in member schools. See http://www.akts.us/links.html

The AKSC is still alive as far as I know. Mr. Conatser and Mr. Duffy were both officers in it, last I heard.

The IKKA has not closed shop yet as far as anyone knows, their web site is suspended and Frank Trejo is now actively starting his own FTKKA (Frank Trejo's Kenpo Karate Assocation) back up again. I am not reading anything in to this other than Mr. Trejo decided to open his Organization back up. It concerns me to have the IKKA site go down while I simultaneously heard about Mr. Trejo. I wished Edmund Jr. all the luck in the world in his rejuvination of the IKKA.

-Michael

Latest Discussions