MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
From KenpoNet:
What's up with the IKKA?
by J.Mitchell
The IKKA website to purchase kenpo books, "American Kenpo Store.com," has been "down for maintenance" for several weeks now. I just logged on to the IKKA website, WWW.IKKA.US, and I got a message "account for domain IKKA.US has been suspended." Anyone know what's going on?

Re: Ask Mr. Trejo
by J.Mitchell
There was a post on this site about a week or two ago announcing that Mr. Trejo is forming his own organization.

BTW, I have also noticed that the supply of Infinite Insights and the Encyclopedia of Kenpo books appears to be drying up with the various book distributors. Is this a coincidence, or is this somehow related to the disappearance of the IKKA website?

I checked the site myself, and its definately offline. Anyone know whats going on?
:confused:

S

Shiatsu

I wouldn't be suprised if it did fold. There is no true leadership there. Larry Kongaika is a nice guy and all, but he isn't a leader of a organization. Not to mention the fact that they let just about anybody join there organization. Ron Bennett is a perfect example, he is known for buying rank and brainwashing his students. He has only tested for two ranks, but holds belts in 8 different styles.

So that is who they are recrutiting into the org, among other people, and it is no doubt that if it didn't fold it will.:shrug:

R

RCastillo

If it did, it 's too bad. I'm sure many people wanted to bring it back up, and no doubt, they're good people with good intentions.I hope they find a way to keep it going, somehow.:asian:

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Touch'O'Death
how so?

No, not really. I'm just giving the Dragon a hard time. It's the New year! Gotta break it in somehow!;)

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Goldendragon7
:xtrmshock :anic: :waah:

Geez, guess I'm gonna have to send the Dragon some good ole Texas fudge to sooth him over............sigh:(

S

Smoke Of Avernia

Originally posted by Shiatsu
I wouldn't be suprised if it did fold. There is no true leadership there. Larry Kongaika is a nice guy and all, but he isn't a leader of a organization. Not to mention the fact that they let just about anybody join there organization. Ron Bennett is a perfect example, he is known for buying rank and brainwashing his students. He has only tested for two ranks, but holds belts in 8 different styles.

So that is who they are recrutiting into the org, among other people, and it is no doubt that if it didn't fold it will.:shrug:

Yeah, it sucks.
I know one of his old students who went off and joined the military. This was kinda funny, this kid had a little bit of experience with Aikido (actually, it was pretty nil), he joined that school and worked his way up to purple belt before he left for the special forces (don't know what happened there, I hear that he couldn't take it). He couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag. Now he's a big old tae kwon do black belt, and magically he's the master of his own system. What was it called, I can't remember. Something like Aiki-kembo, or something like that.
Lol, thanks for the memories cas! I'll see you in class :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shiatsu

Fellow Martial Artist,

How do you define true leadership?

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer
IKKA
UPK Pittsburgh

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Since, I do not train in any form of Kenpo, I would like to ask a question or two.

Who were the players in this organization?

Which Organization did Ed Parker Jr. Belong too?

As I said I not in the know, and need a score card, so I am only asking to try to learn.

:asian:

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Mr. Parsons,

Good afternoon sir.

I am not aware of all of the happenings within the IKKA at this time, but I am a new member of the organization and do have alittle knowledge of the structure and leadership that was being proposed.

As of my last contact with the IKKA Reps., the President is Mr. Edmund Parker Jr. Along with Mr. Parker, many great members of our Kenpo community were being asked to join. However, to provide an exact list of who joined would be inaccurate on my part.

In anycase, I do believe that the spirit I felt from the start of my membership in the IKKA still exists and is very strong. It is also my belief that with any growth, obsticles must be met and overcome and that takes time. Nothing goes as planned, as we all know.

It is my hope that someone with more detailed knowledge might be able to respond, but I do hope I added some light with this thread.

Good journey.

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer
IKKA
UPK Pittsburgh

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by True2Kenpo
Mr. Parsons,

Good afternoon sir.

Good journey.

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer
IKKA
UPK Pittsburgh

Thank You for the feedback.
:asian:

K

Kenpomachine

Originally posted by Michael Billings
With Mr. Trejo back in his own Organization, does anyone know if Huk is still in the IKKA?

-MB

By what I know, Mr Planas is still available for anybody, regardless of association. That hasn't change.

Here is the reply he sent when a friend ask the same thing one or two months ago...

Hi, I am working with the IKKA again but remember I work with everybody.

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Mr. Parker is the President of the IKKA now that his mother retired. He personally told me that. Now with that being said It is my opinion that there will be some dynamic things happening within Kenpo. Lets not all freak out just because the website is down (they are not closing the IKKA). I just got off the phone with the Pasadena Studio. Ed Parker Jr. is getting someone else to do the website and it will be a while before it is back up.

Thanks
Richard English
www.kenpomagazine.com

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, we got a few designers on here... :)

And we do hosting too! :)

</shameless plugs>

Seriously, if anyone does talk to EP Jr. and dropped us a plug, I'd appreciate it. :)

Lets hope whoever is working on it puts up a 'under construction' type message. It'll help keep folks from worrying.

:)

(Mod Note - Corrected typo. Thanks Rich! )

Latest Discussions