Unconventional Martial Arts Techniques

IWishToLearn

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I was on a myspace forum where this came up and I'm trying to think of some unconventional martial arts techniques such as

1. The Clop in the Chops (A nice solid pop to the mouth)
2. The Knuckle Sandwich (A close fisted strike to the jaw)
3. The Shat to the Back (Captain Kirk's double fisted downward strike tp the spine of his opponents, made famous in Star Trek)
4. The "Full Meal Deal" (There's the one-two combo, the three piece, and then the "full meal deal" which comes complete with sides and a dessert)
5. The "Rap on the Jack Johnson" (Ron Burgundy's famous fighting techinque)
6. The "Boot to the Head" (Most successful when controlling one's anger and striking first)

I'm looking for any other ideas you guys might have. I'll try to think of more to post.

-Rob

You forgot the always popular "Greco Roman Nut Cruncher" and the "Snapping Two Finger Eye Poke". :)

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
It may be unconventional, CN, but it's not unprecedented. Apparently it was a calling card of no less a supreme martial artist and all round bitter-and-twisted SOB than Chotoku Kyan, about whom Bruce Clayton passes on the following report due to Shoshin Nagamine:

Challenged to a friendly match by a 6th dan in judo, Kyan stuck his thumb inside his opponent's mouth, dug his nails into the man's cheek, and yanked him down to the ground `in an attempt to separate the skin from the bone'. He then finished off his opponent with a hammerfist blow to the face. To give him credit, he held back the final blow afternearly ripping the terrified man's face off. It was a friendly match, after all.

(Shotokan's Secret, p. 90). And if it was good enough for Choto K., it should be good enough for us, I figure... :EG:

Exile that may be true but it's not were I got it from. Ever seen the movie Gangs of New York?

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Exile that may be true but it's not were I got it from. Ever seen the movie Gangs of New York?

No, I missed that one... I heard that it was mighty violent, though. Was that one of the things those guys did to each other? Dang, I should've seen it. From Clayton's description, it sounds like a hellishly effective technique—wouldve been very interesting to actually see it depicted graphically...

Christina05

Green Belt
Reaction score
Peoples Elbow. Made famous by the Rock. Its aways funny when one of your friends are drunk and they actually try it

10,000 Hit Combo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
"Paci-Fist" (BIG uppercut to the lower gut or worse)
"Touch of Sleep" (right cross stop-hit)
"Whiskey Kiss" (Shoulder grab wind-up headbutt)
"Field Goal" (I refuse to explain...)
"Ninja Death Grip" (To the jewels)
"ZzzZ ZzzZ" (BIG right hook to temple or jaw)
"Riverdance" (1100 kicks to the face while opponent is down)
"Nothing Special" (grab opponent's face, walk forward really fast)
"Mr. T" (use a body hook to throw opponent back into corner)
"Tooth Fairy" (elbow to maxilla)

Latest Discussions