Ufc 75

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hamil should have done a lil more of his ground and pound, but it looked like he was gassed towards the end there.

I guess, if the stand and pound and beating Bisping's face to a bloody, swollen pulp wasn't enough. Both fighters looked gassed in the 3rd and that round could have went either way. Bisping was finally starting to be the agressor and connected a few times.

I didn't think that if a fighter is known to be a grappler that he had to actually work the ground game to win if his stand-up game was working just fine. :rolleyes:

Oh well, I hope Don King doesn't start showing up!

I thought Rampage was hillarious in the post fight inteview with Rogan. We've probably all heard the ol' 'he hurt my fist with his face' comment before, but it just must have been Rampage's delivery and he did compliment Henderson on being tough in there too.

Actually, just about all of the fighters gave props to their opponents. It's funny that the fighter that was given quite a gift of a win yesterday, the one with a bloody swollen pulp of face, was only one that was really insulting to his opponent.

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
decent show.

Alexander Houston is looking like to be a very serious competitor in the UFC.

Rampage/Henderson was a good match. It is ashame people were booing. Henderson just didnt do enough to win the win but great fight nonetheless

Am I the only one not really hyped to watch Chuck vs. Keith fight? After seeing Houston beat up on Jardone the way he did I don't see how Jardine then gets a fight against chuck.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of very unhappy people in the UK last night! Many had joined Setander a tv satellite company who were showing the UFC live, the offer was supposed to be to sign up for £20 a month (about $40) but they were charged an extra ten pounds as well. They showed the undercard but everyone lost the signal! Friends of mine phoned them up only to be told the signal would take over an hour to get back so the air was blue in many houses as the main fights were lost!

The UFC itself is hugely expensive, the cheapest tickets were about $120 plus the travel and accomodation in London. The average show here charges $40 or so for a ticket. The comments this morning on the MMA forums are mixed, I'd post a link but the forum isn't moderated and people use bad words lol! Anyone brave enough can look at www.cagewarriors.com

I'm chuffed to bits however at Jess Liaudin winning, he's a great guy and really deserves success!!

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wonder if Crocop ( who looked horrible ) will give up the sport now. He has other professions that need his attention more.

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I was not happy with any of the fights, and am I the only one that gets real annoyed with the post fight interview with Jackson he just doesnt seem very well educated not a good interview thats just my oppinion

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
I found Henderson vs Jackson to be reasonably entertaining. I loved Jacksons quote at the end that it was the first fight where someone had beaten up his hands with their head. I like Quinton a lot. The Crocop fight sucked, I think he was just overhyped from the get go and is too one dimesional to be a real threat. Bisping vs Hamill was average at best with Hamill showing true class in defeat and Bisping acting like a cock (I don't know the history btw these two). Houston Alexander is a beast and has a big future. Marcus Davis vs Paul Taylor was easily the fight of the night with Davis showing true class as the winner.

Just my opinions

Cheers
Sam :asian:

mini_dez

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
A lot of very unhappy people in the UK last night! Many had joined Setander a tv satellite company who were showing the UFC live, the offer was supposed to be to sign up for £20 a month
I thought the deal with Setanta this year was £9.99 a month? I almost signed up for this month to see this event (I'd get my moneys worth watching the football on it anyway). Glad I didn't go for that now. Hooray for Bravo.

Not seen any of the fights yet but gotta say I'm surprised at Cro Cops defeat. And I was hoping Bisping would win, but it sounds like he didn't deserve it and was being a **** after the fight, so maybe I'll get behind Matt for the rematch....

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the deal with Setanta this year was £9.99 a month? I almost signed up for this month to see this event (I'd get my moneys worth watching the football on it anyway). Glad I didn't go for that now. Hooray for Bravo.

Not seen any of the fights yet but gotta say I'm surprised at Cro Cops defeat. And I was hoping Bisping would win, but it sounds like he didn't deserve it and was being a **** after the fight, so maybe I'll get behind Matt for the rematch....

There's a lot of small print where it adds up the cost! haven't got satellite but thinking of it.
The British MMA world seems divided on this one, with people saying Hamill won and the others saying Bisping just won. Everyone agrees that Bisping was pants.
I haven't seen it yet so can't comment, I've heard people say Bising was rude and arrogant at the press conference, have to say he was no different when he fought on our shows (when he wasn't anyone lol) and he won then!

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd say it was a very clear loss. First round no one disagrees on, in my mind he lost the second one pretty clearly as well. #rd he came out strong, won the first half of the round, then lost the second so that one could have gone either way.

Watching his facial expression after the bell he sure didn't look like he thought he won, and seemed rather surprised when the decission came back. And yes, he acted like a prick after the fight. I'd bet he lost some fans on Saturday.

tempus

Green Belt
Reaction score
I was a fan of Bisping until this past fight. I hope the next person he faces beats the you no what out of him so the judges will not be there to help him. Although I find it ironic that he is talking trash to someone that cannot hear it. Not sure what you get out of that one because you lose the intimidation factor or the throw the person off their game because their angry now.

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I was not happy with any of the fights, and am I the only one that gets real annoyed with the post fight interview with Jackson he just doesnt seem very well educated not a good interview thats just my oppinion

Being a good interviewer and "well educated" are 2 total seperate things.
I have seen much worse than Jackson.

He is personable and has respect for his opponents and shows it.

mini_dez

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
am I the only one that gets real annoyed with the post fight interview with Jackson he just doesnt seem very well educated
As one of my instructors likes to point out about himself when he makes mistakes- he does get punched in the head for a living :)
I always thought Rampage seemed very likeable in interviews. He gives a bit of banter but doesn't disrespect his opponents.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is taken from the UG forums. Jeff Mullen explains his scoring

Quote:
"Hello to everyone on the Underground. I have been reading the underground for years. I used to post quite a bit. Then I decided it would be better for me to stay out of all the arguments. I want to thank all of you guys for being so nice to me through the years. I have seen almost no negative posts about me here until now. I first started judging the UFC in 1996. I have been judging UFC almost twice as long as any other active judge. I am a former kick boxer and have been training grappling for 13 years. I am not here to argue with any of you or tell you that your opinion is wrong. I am only going to tell you why I judged the fight the way I did. Watch the fight again and turn off the sound. Commentary can color what you see. No doubt Hamill dominated the 1st. He hurt Bisping with a right hand right off the bat and again near the end of the round. He out scored Bisping and busted him up. It was a very impressive round for Hamill but still a 10-9 round. Not dominant enough for a 10-8. Watch the beginning of the second round closely. When Hamill throws the jab, Bisping slips the punch and hits him with his own counter jab. It is hard to see on camera because Hamill's back is to the camera. His back was also to Goldie who was talking like the beginning of this round was like a continuation of the 1st. If you look you will see that Hamill is facing me giving me a clear view of what is landing. Bisping was landing the jab again and again and not getting hit. Hamill got 2 takedowns in rounds 2 and 3 but did very little with them. Bisping is using an active guard trying to turn for armbars and sweeps, Hamill is doing very little on top. Bisping is keeping him from scoring or improving his position. In the 3rd round Bisping actually lands more punchesd from the bottom than Hamill does from the top. In both the 2nd and 3rd rounds Bisping does more scoring. Striking. Under pride style scoring Hamill would have won. He did more damage, but it was all in the 1st round. By 10 point must system Bisping won the fight 2 rounds to 1 . 29-28 Bisping. Sometime the angle you see the fight effects your decision. That is why they put the judges on 3 different sides. BY THE WAY MARIO YAMASAKI THOUGHT BISPING WON ROUNDS 2 AND 3 ALSO. MARIO WAS THE REF AND HAD A BETTER VIEW THAN ANY OF US. I have never taken a payoff as some of you have suggested and never will. You may not agree with my decision but please don't question my honesty."

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So, do you think The Count will continue to fight at this weight now that he's had a shot at the deaf kid?

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score

No surprises there. I don't expect any of the judges to admit screwing this one up and I'm sure each would be able to rationalize their scoring, including the one that scored it 30-27 Hamill. Maybe Mr. Mullen is right, the many many viewers that disagreed with the outcome were ignorant and easily duped. :rolleyes: That's pretty much what he is saying.

OP
Sensei Tom O'Brien

Sensei Tom O'Brien

Green Belt
Reaction score
Jess Liaudin Wins by Technical Knock Out at 4:10 in the 1st round.
Dennis Siver Wins by Knock Out at 2:04 in the 2nd round.
Thiago Silva Wins by Technical Knock Out at 4:23 in the 2nd round.
Gleison Tibau Wins by Unanimous Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round.
Houston Alexander Wins by Technical Knock Out at 1:01 in the 1st round.
Marcus Davis Wins by Submission at 4:14 in the 1st round by arm bar.
Cheick Kongo Wins by Unanimous Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round.
Michael Bisping Wins by Split Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round.
Quinton Jackson Wins by Unanimous Decision at 5:00 in the 5th round.
They had some good bouts.
Thanks,
Tom

OP
Sensei Tom O'Brien

Sensei Tom O'Brien

Green Belt
Reaction score
Bisping/Hamill - This is not the only forum complaining about the decision. I just want to remind everyone that when you go into somebody else's home town you have to beat them up badly. You can't leave it for a decision.
Thanks,
Tom

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Bisping/Hamill - This is not the only forum complaining about the decision. I just want to remind everyone that when you go into somebody else's home town you have to beat them up badly. You can't leave it for a decision.
Thanks,
Tom

Good point.

Same with trying to win the belt from the champ a la Rampage/Henderson...(only for thos ewho MAY have thought a split decision was necessary or blind people who thought Henderson won)

Hey why didn't rampage put on the Pride belts?? All he wore afterwards was the UFCbelt...why not let him have the other 2 since this was a unification bout??

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Good point.

Same with trying to win the belt from the champ a la Rampage/Henderson...(only for thos ewho MAY have thought a split decision was necessary or blind people who thought Henderson won)

Hey why didn't rampage put on the Pride belts?? All he wore afterwards was the UFCbelt...why not let him have the other 2 since this was a unification bout??

...cause they messed that up. It was supposed to be a unification bout but ended up being an "end of Pride" bout. The Pride belt was not used and it was reported that it will be discontinued. No surprise, but that's not a unification. There are some excellent articles on Sherdog about how they basically screwed up marketing and presenting this mammoth match. It was presented as though it were just another title fight when it should have been shown as much more.

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

Quote:
"Hello to everyone on the Underground. I have been reading the underground for years. I used to post quite a bit. Then I decided it would be better for me to stay out of all the arguments. I want to thank all of you guys for being so nice to me through the years. I have seen almost no negative posts about me here until now. I first started judging the UFC in 1996. I have been judging UFC almost twice as long as any other active judge. I am a former kick boxer and have been training grappling for 13 years. I am not here to argue with any of you or tell you that your opinion is wrong. I am only going to tell you why I judged the fight the way I did. Watch the fight again and turn off the sound. Commentary can color what you see. No doubt Hamill dominated the 1st. He hurt Bisping with a right hand right off the bat and again near the end of the round. He out scored Bisping and busted him up. It was a very impressive round for Hamill but still a 10-9 round. Not dominant enough for a 10-8. Watch the beginning of the second round closely. When Hamill throws the jab, Bisping slips the punch and hits him with his own counter jab. It is hard to see on camera because Hamill's back is to the camera. His back was also to Goldie who was talking like the beginning of this round was like a continuation of the 1st. If you look you will see that Hamill is facing me giving me a clear view of what is landing. Bisping was landing the jab again and again and not getting hit. Hamill got 2 takedowns in rounds 2 and 3 but did very little with them. Bisping is using an active guard trying to turn for armbars and sweeps, Hamill is doing very little on top. Bisping is keeping him from scoring or improving his position. In the 3rd round Bisping actually lands more punchesd from the bottom than Hamill does from the top. In both the 2nd and 3rd rounds Bisping does more scoring. Striking. Under pride style scoring Hamill would have won. He did more damage, but it was all in the 1st round. By 10 point must system Bisping won the fight 2 rounds to 1 . 29-28 Bisping. Sometime the angle you see the fight effects your decision. That is why they put the judges on 3 different sides. BY THE WAY MARIO YAMASAKI THOUGHT BISPING WON ROUNDS 2 AND 3 ALSO. MARIO WAS THE REF AND HAD A BETTER VIEW THAN ANY OF US. I have never taken a payoff as some of you have suggested and never will. You may not agree with my decision but please don't question my honesty."

I agree with this...at the end of the day its a split decision theres always going to be arguments on each side.

okay Hamil took bisping down....and then did absolutely nothing with it? its mixed martial arts why are you going to score a a takedown and not the guy at the bottom putting the work in with BBJ? its like giving a point for a punch but nothing for a kick.

But like i said split decisions always leave one camp unhappy.

I was impressed with Hamil though he has really improved his stand up.

Latest Discussions