Ufc 75

Shotgun Buddha

Brown Belt
Reaction score
...cause they messed that up. It was supposed to be a unification bout but ended up being an "end of Pride" bout. The Pride belt was not used and it was reported that it will be discontinued. No surprise, but that's not a unification. There are some excellent articles on Sherdog about how they basically screwed up marketing and presenting this mammoth match. It was presented as though it were just another title fight when it should have been shown as much more.

There's a pretty high chance that it was always intended as an end of Pride bout. Since Zuffa took over, there has been squat out of Pride. Despite all the talk if it continuing as an event, its quite clear that its been quietly shunted aside and closed down so as not to distract from the UFC. I heard a theory that the whole Bispin-Hamill mess was actually setup that way to distract people away from how Pride was being removed in the Jackson-Henderson fight. Just a theory, but an interesting one.

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
To be honest with you and it may sound rude, but if you didnt know who Dan henderson was or what this match meant then no press could ever give it justice.

The fight was for fans of MMA, not fans of the UFC.

I do know though that Dana didnt really want this fight to be how it was...lets be honest it wasnt really Pride Vs UFC.....it was a pride fighter knocking the UFC champ out and then Fighting another pride fighter, Pride vs UFC happened when Rampage knocked out Liddell....it will happen again when wandi fights liddel...and again when Big nog fights Randy....

To the Fans of MMA pride is dead only in name there are still so many battles of these too orgs left.

and then of course there is Fedor.

Shotgun Buddha

Brown Belt
Reaction score
To be honest with you and it may sound rude, but if you didnt know who Dan henderson was or what this match meant then no press could ever give it justice.

The fight was for fans of MMA, not fans of the UFC.

I do know though that Dana didnt really want this fight to be how it was...lets be honest it wasnt really Pride Vs UFC.....it was a pride fighter knocking the UFC champ out and then Fighting another pride fighter, Pride vs UFC happened when Rampage knocked out Liddell....it will happen again when wandi fights liddel...and again when Big nog fights Randy....

To the Fans of MMA pride is dead only in name there are still so many battles of these too orgs left.

and then of course there is Fedor.

As I said, it was only a theory I heard. And Im more than aware who Dan Henderson is, Ive been watching Pride for quite some time now. I do agree that it doesn't count as a proper Pride vs UFC match, due to both of them having recently come over from Pride. The fact still remains though, that Pride as an organisation is being dismantled.
Fedor still remains and I look forward to his arrival, simply because there is no one there who could stop hi. Which may be one of the reasons there has been such a delay in signing him.

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
As I said, it was only a theory I heard. And Im more than aware who Dan Henderson is, Ive been watching Pride for quite some time now. I do agree that it doesn't count as a proper Pride vs UFC match, due to both of them having recently come over from Pride. The fact still remains though, that Pride as an organisation is being dismantled.
Fedor still remains and I look forward to his arrival, simply because there is no one there who could stop hi. Which may be one of the reasons there has been such a delay in signing him.

I would be inclined to agree here.....but seeing how much Cro Cop's performance has disappointed me with the change of atmosphere and locale.....I just don't know anymore, too many unexpected surprises have been happening this year.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike's statement on his website. The bit I like best and am really chuffed with is on his biography where he states his pro debut was. It was on Pride & Glory, no prizes for guessing who's promotion that is lol! :ultracool

http://www.bisping.tv/