UFC 175 - Ronda Rousey X Alexis Davis GIFs

Stickgrappler

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I made 11 animated GIF’s of the UFC 175 - Ronda Rousey X Alexis Davis fight.

UFC175-RondaRouseyXAlexisDavis-2-400-sg.gif

UFC175-RondaRouseyXAlexisDavis-7-superslomothrow400-sg.gif

UFC175-RondaRouseyXAlexisDavis-11-haraigoshi-400-sg.gif

Enjoy 8 more GIF’s here:

UFC 175 - Ronda Rousey X Alexis Davis ~ Stickgrappler's Sojourn of Septillion Steps

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What a great job you did with that! Really, man, nice job.

Rousey is going to go down in the annals of history. I don't think she's near her peak yet. I'm glad I'm here to see her career.

OP
Stickgrappler

Stickgrappler

Purple Belt
Reaction score
What a great job you did with that! Really, man, nice job.

Thank you!

Rousey is going to go down in the annals of history. I don't think she's near her peak yet. I'm glad I'm here to see her career.

yeah, a while back, before her standup/boxing improved, Cyborg Santos may have been able to beat her IF and it's 2 big IF's:

1) UFC signs her
2) She cuts/makes weight

regardless, now, i don't even think Cyborg has a chance.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Was that other young lady already knocked out from the throw?

It's just that she seemed to keep both her arms around Rousey's waist and didn't attempt to control the arm striking her in the face.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was that other young lady already knocked out from the throw?

It's just that she seemed to keep both her arms around Rousey's waist and didn't attempt to control the arm striking her in the face.

I think she was out from the punch or the knee before koshi garuma, but, unless she says, you can't be sure.....unfortunately, a lot of BJJ schools have gotten away from the judo throws that they used to practice, in favor of wrestling takedowns-I think Ms. Davis was unprepared for a judo throw, and expecting an armbar....

OP
Stickgrappler

Stickgrappler

Purple Belt
Reaction score
elder999,

very cool! thank you, thought it a harai goshi (koshi) from 2 friends. just checked koshi garuma and it looks this is the proper name of the throw! domo arigato gozaimasu!

--------------

Davis may have been out from the right or from the knee, but in kesa gatame RR rained 10 punches, and it looks like on the 9th, her arm goes limp - definitely out then if not earlier

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Rousey said that the punch knocked Davis out (or seriously stunned her) and that she was actually holding her up in the first motion of the throw.

She broke a cyst in her hand with that punch, but now reports are coming out that in addition to the burst cyst, she also broke her hand. She hasn't commented yet.

Ronda is only 27 years old. She's a world class athlete with more competitive experience than just about anyone in MMA. Too bad she doesn't have any fire in her soul. (wink) :) I can't wait to see what comes next for her. I've trained with some of the best women Martial Arts fighters, true champions, but I've never seen anything like Rousy. Nothing even remotely close. That's one scary she-beast. If I'm ever in an area where she fights I'm going to buy ringside tickets regardless of the cost. I wouldn't do that even if a relative was fighting.

OP
Stickgrappler

Stickgrappler

Purple Belt
Reaction score
awesomeness Buka! thank you!

LOL @ "If I'm ever in an area where she fights I'm going to buy ringside tickets regardless of the cost. I wouldn't do that even if a relative was fighting."

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
elder999,

very cool! thank you, thought it a harai goshi (koshi) from 2 friends. just checked koshi garuma and it looks this is the proper name of the throw! domo arigato gozaimasu!

She modified it with a little reap-that could make it confusing....sort of halfway between koshi garuma and harai goshi, but she loaded her up in koshi garuma...:asian:

OP
Stickgrappler

Stickgrappler

Purple Belt
Reaction score
i asked some other friends, and they basically said who cares the name of it, it works and she capitalized on her position lol

EddieCyrax

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Rousey said that the punch knocked Davis out (or seriously stunned her) and that she was actually holding her up in the first motion of the throw.

She broke a cyst in her hand with that punch, but now reports are coming out that in addition to the burst cyst, she also broke her hand. She hasn't commented yet.

This make more sense. When I first watched this fight on youtube, I couldnt help but wonder why Davis allowed herself to be thrown so easily. She had to know/respect Rousey's Judo background.

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
rouseys still warming up -- she reckons that she's not the finished article yet ;) she trains almost as much as me and she's near as damn it got everything locked in pretty good judging by the vid's on your website :)

she reckons that she needs more training sessions to be complete so i'd love to see what she's like at the end -- she's 10 and 0 now ? --- what's it gunna be like in say 2 years ?????

WOW -- simply stunning :)

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
She's at the top of her game and the best, in my opinion. I love watching her fight. But you never know when she'll run into her "Buster Douglas" ;)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I know everyone eventually gets beaten, especially in MMA. But unless Ronda falls in love, I don't think anyone is going to take her title.

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
not even marriage would take her title ;) she'd force him to take hers instead LoL ;) oh and if he tried to argue the point....... well nuff sed given the vid's really ;)

she's just outstanding and a great talisman for girlie mma :) that's worth more than it's weight in gold :)

MMA NOT JUST FOR GUYS :)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
not even marriage would take her title ;) she'd force him to take hers instead LoL ;) oh and if he tried to argue the point....... well nuff sed given the vid's really ;)

she's just outstanding and a great talisman for girlie mma :) that's worth more than it's weight in gold :)

MMA NOT JUST FOR GUYS :)

Just to clarify my "falling in love" comment... It was taught to me a long time ago that the worst thing that could happen to a fighter is the day he/she gets civilized. It was geared towards the hard contact fighting sports and was meant to point out that when a fighter meets the person that just might be the one they spend the rest of their life with, raise kids with, etc - things change in their life, especially their focus. It can make a huge difference. It's what happened to Fedor Emelianenko. Met a sweet gal, fell in love, got married real quick......and never won another fight.

I'm not even saying that's a bad thing, I just hope Ronda meets the love of her life the week after she retires. As for MMA not just for guys, I wish it had been around when my wife was in her twenties. Mad skills that gal. Right attitude, too. I'm kinda scared of her.

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
know what you mean about the focus issue --- if you get hitched then got a new set of responsibilities, you gotta come home in 1 piece etc....

as for your other half take her training with you and then you'll never have another bad disagreement again ;)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
know what you mean about the focus issue --- if you get hitched then got a new set of responsibilities, you gotta come home in 1 piece etc....

as for your other half take her training with you and then you'll never have another bad disagreement again ;)

She's been training for as long as I remember. You're right, though, we don't really have disagreements. No need, I'd just lose anyway. :)

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i'm lucky i just have to put up with my doggy spitting his dummy out cos he can't go muay thai training with me LoL ;)

i'd also hate to be my sparring partners parents cos both emily and her brother both fight muay thai ;)

as for ronda i don't think that anyone will give her any problems :)

i also think that the only person that can beat her is herself and whether she still "has it in her" to carry on scrapping in the cage :)

i think it'll end with her retiring from competitive mma cos she ''got bored" with it --- same old same old, don't think it'll happen for a few years yet though but it will - she'll take her eye off the ball "cos it's too easy" and that's when it'll all just go **** up literally :(