wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh man, I forgot FORENSIC FILES!!! That could probably replace Roseanne. LOL

Roger Tyson

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Nice to see a thread that got me thinking without having very much with ma to do. Got me thinking. I am not sure wich I like the most but here is the list of the shows that I realy enjoyed through the years:
The Wire
Oz
Dexter
Breaking bad
Family guy
American dad
Simpsons
Banged up abroud (Nat.Geo)
The lionman (Animal planet)
American horror story
Cosmos (Nat.Geo)

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't know that I could pick 10 favorites. It depends on type, and time of my life. Many which weren't on at the same time would be strong competitors of each other within the same genre. But 10 that I have liked, but not ordered by preference:

Victory at Sea
Gunsmoke
Have Gun Will Travel
Deep Space Nine
Firefly
Kung Fu
That Was The Week That Was (American Version)
Jeopardy
Criminal Minds
Barney Miller

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Richard Pryor on SNL??? I know he hosted back in the 70's, but he was never a regular.

Ponderous... at times it takes itself a little too seriously, but the stories are great, the characters very well developed and the casting is excellent. And I get a kick out of Austin Powers as the King.

I am English so exposure to American TV in those days probably meant just Kojak and Starsky and Hutch. Being a kid at the time probably meant only the best bits are remembered now, even then more is probably lost.

I felt that Peter Capaldi was excellent, although not quite as menacing as Tim Curry in the film with Kiefer Sutherland, Charlie Sheen and Oliver Platt. I do think he will make a decent new Dr Who.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I am English so exposure to American TV in those days probably meant just Kojak and Starsky and Hutch. Being a kid at the time probably meant only the best bits are remembered now, even then more is probably lost.
Similarly, my exposure to british tv was in 12 hour marathons of Monty Python's Flying Circus on PBS. :) I understand.
I felt that Peter Capaldi was excellent, although not quite as menacing as Tim Curry in the film with Kiefer Sutherland, Charlie Sheen and Oliver Platt. I do think he will make a decent new Dr Who.
Agreed. Peter Capaldi is terrific and will be a great Dr. Who... different from the last two, thankfully.

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Similarly, my exposure to british tv was in 12 hour marathons of Monty Python's Flying Circus on PBS. :) I understand.Agreed. Peter Capaldi is terrific and will be a great Dr. Who... different from the last two, thankfully.

Yes, my British TV exposure was Monty Python, the Young Ones and Benny Hill...although I am trying to forget that last one.

There was also Fawlty Towers and the Black Adder series. At one point I believe Black Adder featured an actor named Hugh Laurie, who of course won the part of my main man Gregory House.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, my British TV exposure was Monty Python, the Young Ones and Benny Hill...although I am trying to forget that last one.

There was also Fawlty Towers and the Black Adder series. At one point I believe Black Adder featured an actor named Hugh Laurie, who of course won the part of my main man Gregory House.

Hugh is a legend to us Brits. Yeah as House, he was just being English ;) Monty Python was a scarcastic view of us, being us. Never thought that the Americans would get it, no disrespect intended, but the team with the exception of Terry, they were the quintessential version of the English.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
1- The Brady Bunch
2- A Very Brady Christmas
3- Brady Bunch Reunion
4- Brady Bunch Go to Hawaii
5- Brady Bunch Thanksgiving
6- the Brady Bunch Meet Joe Namath
7- The Brady Bunch Meet Davey Jones
8- Jan Brady Crashes Her Bike
9- Bobby Brady Is Bullied
10- The Dick Van Dyke Show

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
two of my all time favourite films

Young Guns and Young Guns II

"william H barney - you are not a god ! --- why don't you pull the trigger and find out !!!!! :)"

love that line from Young Guns II -- doc says it to billy the kid when they're hiding from pat garrett at the end.

the soundtrack is Jon Bon Jovi's Blaze of Glory :) --- my favourite karaoke track :)

hussaf

Green Belt
Reaction score
Battlestar Galactica (new one)
Babylon 5
Newsroom
West Wing
MacGuyver
Night Rider
Chapel Show
It's Always Sunny in Phili
I dunno, have to think about it awhile

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Hugh is a legend to us Brits. Yeah as House, he was just being English ;) Monty Python was a scarcastic view of us, being us. Never thought that the Americans would get it, no disrespect intended, but the team with the exception of Terry, they were the quintessential version of the English.
I have enjoyed Monty Python since I was about 10 years old. I know many of the skits by heart and reference them often. And, like all good comedy, they are as funny today as they were when I was a kid.

Edit: Since we're talking about British comedies, there's a show called the I.T. Crowd. Terrible show, really, but with some very funny bits. My favorite is this one:

Last edited by a moderator:

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never got into that. For some bizare reason, I do not like most British comedy. The likes of Harry Enfield and Paul Whiethouse yeah.