Favorite TV Shows?

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I was sitting here and realized I missed one of my fav tv shows (Law & Order:SVU) so made wanna ask.......

What TV shows are ya favorite?

Mon: Weeds
Tues: Law & Order: SVU, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me
Thurs: Smallville, The Secret Diary Of A Call Girl
Sat: Property Ladder

Thats it for me...when tv is on other times it stays on HGTV.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Uh, oh hell, none of you people know me...
SVU, the Shield, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, Grey's Anatomy, Dirty Sexy Money (OMG that is funny) Big Shots (starting out good...) Good Eats, Private Practice, (stop judging me!) Myth Busters, NCIS and pretty much anything on the History Channel when it isn't "UFO weekend" or some such travesty

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
CSI, Saving Grace, Cold Case Files, First 58 Hours and Law & Order..

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
M*A*S*H* reruns (as if there's any new ones)
CSI (Original or NY, not Miami)
Law & Order/SVU/CI
Mythbusters
Wonderpets (I have a 3 y/o)

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm more of a recreational flipper. I only stop on channels where there are two guys hitting each other.

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In no particular order

House, Cold Case, Two and a Half Men, Any of the CSI's, Criminal Minds, Numb3rs, Law & Order:Criminal Intent & SVU.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Tellner .. how I wish I could be as brave as you.

I will note that it is not easy to get to more than 5,000 posts on this board AND still watch television regularly.

I no longer have any 'appointment television'. I miss Star Trek. I watch an awful lot of the 'Law & Order Channel'; when I do turn on the TV. Doctor Who runs hot & cold.

I'm curious .. is "The secret diary of a call girl' the British series with Rose from Doctor Who? I didn't know it was being broadcast in this country.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I read your question at the end there correctly Michael but if you're asking if 'that girl' is Billie Piper then I can reply in the affirmative. Here's a recent quote from the media press:

"Riding crops, high heels, stockings and suspenders? Billie Piper's newest role as a prostitute in Secret Diary Of A Call Girl is a far cry from her role as Dr. Who's assistant where the one-eyed monsters were a different species altogether!"

As to favourite TV shows, I too am living more in the past than the present. If we take all the Star Trek's (sans Deep Space 9) and Doctor Who as givens, here's a sampling of my taste:

"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" was probably the best serial drama of the decade {and no it wasn't just that I fancied SMG ... I'm more of a Charisma Carpenter guy :lol:}.

"Firefly" was and may well be again (fingers crossed) wonderful

"Space Above and Beyond" never got the chance it deserved

"Dark Angel" was just starting to get into the deeper and wider story lines when the money men stepped in

"Battlestar Galactica" old and new (tho' as a note to the writers of the new, can we please have some characters to admire and like - humans have good natures too you know!)

"Babylon 5" the most glorious Sci-Fi ever made?

"CSI" (the original is by far the best)

"Law & Order" (again the original is best)

"Frasier" was consistently good for it's long run

"Stargate" was a rival for "Babylon 5" for the brightest sun in the Sci-Fi firmament

"Space 1999" looks horridly dated now but it was the bees knees when I was a kid (and I still want a real Eagle :D)

"Alias" was seting out to be marvellous and then the bean counters had the writers dumb it down for the hard of thinking :(.

There're more but that's a good sample of the inside of my head :lol:.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
"Space Above and Beyond" never got the chance it deserved

I have to agree with you on this. In fact, S:AaB was the last show for which I made note of the airing time and made an effort to watch. Gave up after that because it seemed like every show I allowed myself to like got canceled.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You're not alone in feeling that way, Cory - I guess we don't have enough 'accountants genes' in us and only judge programs by how good we think they are.

Speaking of which reminds me of one I missed above: "Farscape", the series which gave us Claudia Black :sigh: and made us suspend disbelief to allow Muppets as character actors.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Aaron McGruder's 'Boondocks' and combat sports.

I was watching 'Lost' but stopped watching it halfway through last season because it got boring. I realized it after missing a couple episodes, without missing them.

Oh yeah, I do watch 'The Ghost Whisperer' too.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Speaking of which reminds me of one I missed above: "Farscape", the series which gave us Claudia Black :sigh: and made us suspend disbelief to allow Muppets as character actors.
I'm a Farscape junkie as well. Unfortunately, it's only in syndication here at 2:00 am Monday mornings.
Current stuff, in no particular order: House, Big Bang Theory, CSI: Whereever (and yes, I watch Miami in spite of Caruso and the Shades of Justice™), Kitchen Nightmares, Heroes, Top Chef/Hell's Kitchen when they're on (the rest of Bravo's programming I pretty much despise).

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm curious .. is "The secret diary of a call girl' the British series with Rose from Doctor Who? I didn't know it was being broadcast in this country.

Yes it is ..Billie Piper.
It only comes on in the UK so I have to get the episodes online.

Sukerkin...I agree Alias was one of my fav shows.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ace, it was such a shame that the money men made the scriptwriters of Alias simplify everything after Series 1 because they thought the viewing public couldn't understand it ... and then cancelled it anyhow :eek:.

I was loving the fact that I couldn't quite put the pieces together and was eagerly awaiting more slim insights into what the overall picture would eventually be. Ah well, maybe they'll properly novelise it one day?

Latest Discussions