TRIGONDO - new martial art against multiple attackers. NEW NEW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
He posted a percentage number of 99. Shouldn't he be required to prove this if he's using it as an argument?
Isn't that a little pedantic?

Can you honestly imagine any scenario where a group of people jump a single individual and proceed to try to keep it fair and turn based?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Can you honestly imagine any scenario where a group of people jump a single individual and proceed to try to keep it fair and turn based?
When that person paid them in advance to jump him, so he can beat them all up and impress his gf? That and the movies are the only things I can think of, and in either case I don't think the "victim's" actual skill level would matter.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
When that person paid them in advance to jump him, so he can beat them all up and impress his gf? That and the movies are the only things I can think of, and in either case I don't think the "victim's" actual skill level would matter.
"Hey man quit stomping him it's my turn"

"No, you went before Steve, it's Chris' turn"

"Screw it lets start over"

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant to stay away from this thread...

Interestingly, if you watch the whole video, or just cut to the 2:10 in the video you will see the Marines training with... you guessed it, bayonets.

If you go to 4:17, one of the weapons they can take is a bayonet trainer.

Then there is this at 2:23:

Interesting that someone would know the entire back story, and how it was choreographed, but not know that they were using bayonets...

That video is pretty old. I think that have stopped doing bayonet courses since then.

And of course the Royal marines are not the American marines.

jayoliver00

Black Belt
Reaction score

No b/c he's throwing up a 99% out of 100, from nowhere. That's not a small error; he's claiming to be an authority on the subject with such a claim.

There are many factors involved, such as footwork, speed, and how fast you can clobber & up to KO'ing the first or the first two of the group; which are usually the toughest of said group. It's not like in the movies where every group you run into are gangs, willing to bang. Many people don't even want to fight or will get scared if they see their toughest get dropped.

Of course you can get jumped at once & possibly die; that's why I actually train for this pretty regularly with specific techniques that do work. If you spar 1v2 or 1v3 or more, often, you'd know what I'm talking about. And it's pretty easy for me to knock someone out who's usually untrained, in the streets w/no 16oz gloves on.

jayoliver00

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant to stay away from this thread...

Interestingly, if you watch the whole video, or just cut to the 2:10 in the video you will see the Marines training with... you guessed it, bayonets.

If you go to 4:17, one of the weapons they can take is a bayonet trainer.

Then there is this at 2:23:

Interesting that someone would know the entire back story, and how it was choreographed, but not know that they were using bayonets...

Why are you posting old videos? That first one looks like a 1st gent M16 from The Vietnam War, lol. You know that they're issued M4A1's and M16A4's now, right? I'm pretty sure there are no bayonet lugs on those.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Why are you posting old videos? That first one looks like a 1st gent M16 from The Vietnam War, lol. You know that they're issued M4A1's and M16A4's now, right? I'm pretty sure there are no bayonet lugs on those.

You made an appeal to authority and never addressed it - just attacked the poster.

People can post what ever they want, within the rules, so there is no need to reply to your question as you have not answered questions to you .

Just my opinion

jayoliver00

Black Belt
Reaction score
You made an appeal to authority and never addressed it - just attacked the poster.

People can post what ever they want, within the rules, so there is no need to reply to your question as you have not answered questions to you .

Just my opinion

He trying to argue against my point that The Marines aren't issued bayonets any longer, by posting really old videos, even one where they're training w/ Vietnam War era, M16's. I'm just calling him out on his flawed attempt.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I googled whether "are marines given bayonets?" Because honestly I hadn't any idea those were still a thing. The first search result says that there's a bayonet assault training course all marines take, but that's from 2014. The second result is this, from less than a year ago, explaining why they're still a thing. The next few results all state that the marines use bayonets.

I honestly was expecting the answer to be no, that they've been replaced with easily accessible knives or brass knuckles, but apparently they're still in use, or at least trained, by the marines.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Hey man quit stomping him it's my turn"

"No, you went before Steve, it's Chris' turn"

"Screw it lets start over"
You know they'd never manage to wait their turns. Students can't manage to wait their turn in class, when they KNOW they're supposed to.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did you know me and my brother, Chris, used to take turns stomping dudes? Uncanny!
If it helps, I hear this exchange in my head in the voices of the trailer kids who got presents by accident in a Family Guy Christmas episode.

"It's my sex box."
"Her name is Sony."

jayoliver00

Black Belt
Reaction score

Just my opinion

No, I refuted his argument. How did I attack him personally?

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He trying to argue against my point that The Marines aren't issued bayonets any longer, by posting really old videos, even one where they're training w/ Vietnam War era, M16's. I'm just calling him out on his flawed attempt.
Just another red Herring o_O

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Who posted those old videos of Marines using Vietnam War M16s?
You appealed to authority with an appeal to streets
You have never addressed that.
So , if the appeal was wrong, then admit it and acknowledge your point there was not valid.
If your appeal was correct then acknowledge that my Street was greater than your street and therefor my point was better than your point.

Or you could just be a productive member, ask questions that are not like a troll.
Stop your standard red herring and change of topic to change the view from you.
Discuss the topic at hand. And for the thread in particular.

And yes be at peace and Have a Nice Day. - As that seems to make one angry in your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.