Transferring from ATA to WTF

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If she's happy at the ATA school now, of course she'll want to stay there, especially if she's got friends there. Now, if you like the WTF school, you could always take her by there and have her try the trial class/period just to see.

But I wanna say, as somebody that teaches KKW/WTF-style TKD: quality has more to do with the instructor and school environment than with the organization or style. Not all WTF schools are great. It's quite possible that ATA school is as good or better than the WTF schools around. Don't get too hung up on that.

I hope she heals up soon!

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Because, like you, I'd been out of training for a long long time. I'd have looked like a putz wearing a BB. I didn't remember the Chang Hon forms (I've since relearned them). I didn't know the Palgwae forms required by this school. I didn't know the (optional) Taegeuk forms. In short, I didn't deserve a BB. The only thing my prior training meant was that I advanced far faster than the norm for this school. On average, 1st Dan takes 6-8 years here. I did it in 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

this is an impressive post, and it is 100% correct.

put on the white belt, it will speak well of your character

OP
Eastpointvet

Eastpointvet

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I hope she mends quickly.

I know I keep missing it, how old she is, but at a younger age, friends make or break the experience.
As long as the school does not go off on the deep end, sometimes well enough has to do.
Little girls are sometimes difficult to encourage.

Shes turning 8 in a few weeks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest Discussions