Training floor surface

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kicksport have some good quality Korean manufactured matting for a very reasonable price, we've been using it for a while. Cost about £600 for a 10x10m ring I think.

They offer discount for instructors. Delivery was about £100

http://www.kicksport.com/shop/WTF-Mats-Xintian-Korea-Red-and-Blue.html

From what I can see using my instructor account the cost would be £1,500 + delivery. Anyway, building up funds for Korea FIC 2013 so the mats are next after that (if I can get teh school to store them)...

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
From what I can see using my instructor account the cost would be £1,500 + delivery. Anyway, building up funds for Korea FIC 2013 so the mats are next after that (if I can get teh school to store them)...

They sometimes do 50% off, which we took advantage of. It'll come round again probably.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
We have two surfaces we are on depending on the date and time of classes (our school has 2 floors of training and a full sized boxing ring on the ground floor). One surface is a rolled out wrestling mat-it is my least favorite surface but functional. The other surface is Swain tatami-style mats-they are not as tightly adjoined as puzzle mats, but pretty close.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
puzzle mats over concrete.

best ever floor was the bouncy gym floor at a tournament, wood at that, covered with our puzzle mats. AWESOME!!

Should I ever get rich my in house Dojang will have the bouncy floor! :asian: